Imran Waheed from Hizb ut Tahrir

Valin

imran-waheed-from-hizb-ut-tahrir

Lucy Lips,

July 10th 2018

The Daily Mail has published an expose on NHS psychiatrist Imran Waheed who is also a prominent member of Hizb ut Tahrir.

Waheed is also employed as an expert witness in court:

A radical Islamist preacher who has said he ‘does not believe in democracy’ and is ‘not obedient’ to secular law is working as an expert witness to British courts, MailOnline can reveal.

Dr Imran Waheed, 41, a psychiatrist working for the NHS and Bupa in Birmingham, offers his services as an expert witness in a range of civil and criminal cases assessing defendants’ psychological reliability.

For many years he was a key figure in the UK branch of Hizb ut-Tahrir, which campaigns for an Islamic state run by Sharia law. In an interview he said: ‘I’ve got no respect for any law other than Allah’s… I don’t care for the law of any man.’

(Snip)

What I’m wondering about is why no one has asked the NHS any questions about what safeguarding measures they’re taking, if any, to ensure vulnerable people aren’t influenced by Waheed and other extremists working within their ranks. In 2014 the Telegraph brought this issue to the public domain and now in 2018 the Mail has shown that nothing has changed.

(Snip)

So what steps are being taken to ensure that he never ends up treating a vulnerable Jewish or Israeli person? What might happen should Waheed find out in the course of providing treatment that his patient is a Zionist? What implications are there for court cases where he has provided expert testimony where a Jew or Israeli may be the accused or the victim?

These questions remain unanswered. Waheed has already shrugged off one expose in 2014 he looks set to do it again and of course continue speaking at Hizb ut Tahrir events. His participation in events such as the one below make a mockery of his claims to have left the organisation:

(Snip)