Clinton on being a polarizing figure: 'I'm sure they said that about Churchill between the wars'

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
clinton-on-being-polarizing-figure-im-sure-said-that-about-churchill-between-wars.html

Hillary Clinton, in an interview with a British newspaper this week, appeared to compare herself to wartime Prime Minister Winston Churchill while responding to a question about being a polarizing figure. 

“I’m sure they said that about Churchill between the wars, didn’t they?” she told The Guardian when asked if she should withdraw from public life to help heal divisions in the U.S., given her reputation. 

The 2016 Democratic presidential nominee then immediately claimed she wasn't actually comparing herself to Churchill, before going on to elaborate on the analogy. 

Churchill went into the political wilderness between the two World Wars and during that time was a key voice criticizing then-Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain’s policy of appeasement toward Adolf Hitler. He would go on to become prime minister himself and help lead the Allies to victory in World War II. 

The Guardian report notes that Clinton made the Churchill reference “a fraction too quickly for the line to sound spontaneous.” 

Clinton continued: “I mean, I’m not comparing myself, but I’m just saying people said that, but he was right about Hitler, and a lot of people in England were wrong. And Churchill was a pain. He kept popping up all the time.” 

________

She will never shut up...

Hillary sweetheart....give it a rest. I know you've your entire life trying to be President....Guess what You Lost....again.

All I can say is..................

• Like 1