Nancy Pelosi downplays record-low unemployment, booming economy. But here are the facts.

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
nancy-pelosi-downplays-record-low-unemployment-booming-economy-but-here-are-the-facts

No matter where the facts lead, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) refuses to praise President Donald Trump for any of his accomplishments, especially economic victories, which largely benefit most Americans.

The California Democrat’s staunch anti-Trump attitude was on full-display again on Thursday.

What happened?

During her weekly press briefing, Pelosi downplayed the economic success seen under Trump’s leadership and mocked the record-low unemployment numbers. Pelosi’s comments came in response to a reporter who asked if May’s unemployment rate — 3.8 percent — is “good news.”

“Hip hip hooray, unemployment is down. What does that mean to me and my life? I need a bigger paycheck,” Pelosi responded.

“This isn’ just about the unemployment rate. It’s about wages rising in our country, so that consumer confidence is restored because our economy will never fully reach its possibilities unless we increase the consumer confidence,” she added.

Pelosi went on to claim there is more than what meets the eye regarding the economy’s success, explaining while the unemployment rate is down, wages have not increased and the number of Americans on the government dole remains high — something she must have forgotten her party works for.

“This is one unusual time and I follow it closely, where the unemployment rate is down, but the dependence on subsidies, whether it’s food insecurity, housing subsidies, and the rest, has not gone down because of the wage stagnation,” she said.

“So in terms of the financial stability of America’s working families, unless we have an increase in wages — bigger paychecks — we are going to increase the frustration of America’s families,” she added.

________

Good times are bad news for Democrats.