Monday Music "Gypsies, Tramp and Thieves" by Cher

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

Monday Music "Gypsies, Tramp and Thieves" by Cher

I mentioned last week while I did a writeup for Cher on her song "If I could hold back time" and I had mentioned about her earlier song called "Gypsies, Tramp and Thieves", that song was on my Dad's reel to reel recorder that he listened to on a regular basis so I heard the song all the time and it was imprinted on me at my young age I guess.  I have done the same thing with my son and my 80's music :) I do hear this song on my Sirius/XM when I switch to the 70's channel for a bit of a break on on the 80's channel.  It don't last long, I will roll back to the music of "my" decade

"Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves" was the first single from Cher's 1971 eponymous album Cher with instrumental backing by L.A session musicians from the Wrecking Crew. The album was subsequently renamed and re-released as Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves after the success of the single. The song was written by songwriter Bob Stone as a story-song called "Gypsys, Tramps and White Trash". Producer Snuff Garrett advised that the title be changed and Stone then changed it to "Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves". The album of the same name got very positive reviews. :snip: 

http://mydailykona.blogspot.com/2018/04/monday-music-gypsies-tramp-and-thieves.html