“MAY I TOUCH YOU HERE?”: IS THE #METOO MOVEMENT EMASCULATING MEN?

Draggingtree

2/13/2018

Filed under: General — Patterico @ 9:00 am

That’s not a headline I would have thought to write yesterday, or the day before that. But each new day brings a new revelation, doesn’t it?

Flash-forward a few months, and Knight, a 25-year-old Washingtonian, is sleeping with someone new. He is asking “Can I touch you here?” “Can I do this?” every step of the way, and his partner wants to know what is with all the questions. She prefers a more proactive approach.

Knight is well-prepared to date in the #MeToo era. He has completed a two-month discussion class on how to reject toxic masculinity. He still has his “Consent is sexy” T-shirt from freshman year of college. He has thought about how men have the power in courtship, and with that, the ability to abuse it. So when he meets a woman while out at a bar, rather than ask for her number and potentially make her feel pressured to give it, he will give her his number and wait for her to text.   :snip:  http://patterico.com/2018/02/13/may-i-touch-you-here-is-the-metoo-movement-emasculating-men/