The Coffee Shop

Valin

WestVirginiaRebel
  • 2 weeks later...
WestVirginiaRebel
28 minutes ago, Geee said:

:wallbash:

Welcome to my world. This is one reason I'm getting  The Hell Outta Here.

• Like 1

Replying to @EWErickson and @JayCaruso
If I could get everyone to see one thing, it might be that both sides of the culture wars are convinced the other side *always* wins and is both disciplined and unconstrained by any sense of decency. "We must be like them" is really "We must be like we imagine them to be."

WestVirginiaRebel
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a small question

WANTED FUGITIVE - Hennepin County Brino Antonio Gamboa Birth Date: 12/16/1984 Wanted Fugitive as of 04/20/2021
18 prior convictions including 9 felonies. Multiple burglary including occupied dwelling, auto theft, 3rd degree assault, stolen property, multiple 2nd degree assault.

E8aY6QcWYAU-ieG?format=png&name=small

Why is this guy NOT already in prison for the rest of his life? I mean NINE Felonies!

• 2 weeks later...

Towards Solutions

SCENE: Mitch BERG is sitting on his bike, waiting at a stoplight on northbound Hamline at County Road B. As he’s fishing his water bottle out of its holder, he doesn’t notice Avery LIBRELLE, riding an absurdly complex-looking recumbent bike, riding up from behind.

LIBRELLE: Merg!

BERG: Aaaaah, sssshhhhhhure is a nice morning…

LIBRELLE: We need to deny healthcare to those who don’t get vaccines, so that the care goes to the more deserving.

BERG: You support single-payer healthcare, right?

LIBRELLE: Yes. It’s the only moral choice.

BERG: Huh. So – were you one of those those guy…er, gal…er, people who say “healthcare is a right”?

LIBRELLE: Absolutely! It is a human right, same as voting and housing and food!

BERG: Uh…OK. So – healthcare is a right – but rights can’t be legitimately taken away for anything but criminal behavior, and then only via some sort of due process. So – maintaining agency over one’s own body is criminal behavior?

LIBRELLE: Yes!

BERG: A future, hypothetical, ultra-pro-life administration will be glad to hear that.

LIBRELLE: Yeah…hey….

BERG: And since you called single-payer a moral choice – what’s moral about removing a person’s ability to say “Hey, I made a mistake, Vitamin D alone isn’t enough to counter my obesity and diabetes, where can I get some help, here?”

LIBRELLE: It’s too late! Hahahahahahahaha! Stupid Trumpkins!

BERG: Speaking of that – the two single biggest groups of voluntarily-unvaccinated are…

LIBRELLE: Stupid Trumpies and ultra-stupid Trumpies!

BERG: Well, no. People under thirty, and black males from 20-40. Young people because the messaging is so schizophrenic, and black males because the messaging is schjizophrenic and because of the medical industry’s history of using blacks as human test animals.

LIBRELLE: Oh, we’ve got people whose job that is.

(Light turns green. LIBRELLE abruptly accelerates away)

BERG: Of course you do.

End SCENE