The Christian Thing To Do

Valin

the-christian-thing-to-do-2

John Schroeder

Tue, Nov 14, 2017  

I am most certainly among those that find the evidence against Roy Moore extremely credible.   Nonetheless let us assume, for the moment, the Alabama senatorial candidate’s innocence regarding all the accusations that have been flying around for the last few days and ask ourselves what is the proper Christian response in this situation.

I’d like to take a shot at answering that question in two different ways.  The first way to answer that question is to ask the second and now almost trite question, “What would Jesus do?”  For once we do not have to make up an answer to WWJD for Jesus found himself buried in false allegations.  All Christians believe Jesus was the only truly innocent man in human history and yet he was tried, convicted, and executed for crimes.  Jesus did not protest His innocence.  Jesus rebuked those around Him that sought to resist His arrest.  He even healed one of those sent to arrest Him.  Jesus stood the consequences of deep injustice quietly.  No one is asking for Roy Moore’s execution – they are simply asking him to withdraw from the race.  The consequences he is being asked to stand for are far less consequential than those that Jesus stood for – a fact that simply amplifies the example of Christ.  By example, the Christian thing to do is for Roy Moore to withdraw.

The example of Christ illustrates the ethical importance of Roy Moore withdrawing from the race.  That ethical argument is the second way I want to answer the question of “What is the Christian thing to do?”

Remember we are working under the assumption of Moore’s innocence, specious though that assumption appears to be.  But also remember the preeminent Christian ethical imperative:

Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.

(Snip)

21 minutes ago, Valin said:
the-christian-thing-to-do-2

John Schroeder

Tue, Nov 14, 2017  

I am most certainly among those that find the evidence against Roy Moore extremely credible.   Nonetheless let us assume, for the moment, the Alabama senatorial candidate’s innocence regarding all the accusations that have been flying around for the last few days and ask ourselves what is the proper Christian response in this situation.

I’d like to take a shot at answering that question in two different ways.  The first way to answer that question is to ask the second and now almost trite question, “What would Jesus do?”  For once we do not have to make up an answer to WWJD for Jesus found himself buried in false allegations.  All Christians believe Jesus was the only truly innocent man in human history and yet he was tried, convicted, and executed for crimes.  Jesus did not protest His innocence.  Jesus rebuked those around Him that sought to resist His arrest.  He even healed one of those sent to arrest Him.  Jesus stood the consequences of deep injustice quietly.  No one is asking for Roy Moore’s execution – they are simply asking him to withdraw from the race.  The consequences he is being asked to stand for are far less consequential than those that Jesus stood for – a fact that simply amplifies the example of Christ.  By example, the Christian thing to do is for Roy Moore to withdraw.

The example of Christ illustrates the ethical importance of Roy Moore withdrawing from the race.  That ethical argument is the second way I want to answer the question of “What is the Christian thing to do?”

Remember we are working under the assumption of Moore’s innocence, specious though that assumption appears to be.  But also remember the preeminent Christian ethical imperative:

(Snip)

I'v never been a fan of H.H. now that is said, I don't know if Moore is guilty or not will say it dosen't look good, so I'll leave it up to the people of Alabama.

Draggingtree

More  Here

1. Its starting to look he's more than a little weird, I mean a 30+ man hanging around high school girls?

2. "Let he who is without sin cast the 1st stone." As I have said before I was not always the fine upstanding citizen I am today.

3. This is not about if he is guilty or innocent of any crime. Personally I think he did it...molested a 14 year old girl. I could be wrong, I want to be wrong...but as of now I don't think I am.

4 From what I read even if he is elected he will be kicked out of the senate 37.5 seconds after he is sworn in.