Review Of Ken Burn's Vietnam PBS Series by Dr. Nguyen Ngoc Sang: " An one-sided, half-truth documentary unworthy of watching."

Draggingtree

Review Of Ken Burn's Vietnam PBS Series by Dr. Nguyen Ngoc Sang: " An one-sided, half-truth documentary unworthy of watching."

Via comment/request by indyjonesouthere via Maggie's Farm on Afghanistan: The Graveyard of Empires: Part 1 of a...

"My observation had been posted on Yahoo but was removed 15 minutes later."

COMMENTS ON THE VIETNAM WAR DOCUMENTARY FILM

Dr. Nguyen Ngoc Sang

I was fortunate to be part of a joint PBS and local library panel to preview the Vietnam War Documentary by filmmakers Ken Burns and Lynn Novick who had spent ten years to complete the eighteen-episode series, which the PBS will air on September 17, 2017.

Although being anxious before an audience of more than 200 participants (mostly American-born except for my young assistant, Dr. Gwen Huynh) I decide to continue with the discussion thinking it is an opportunity to express a Republic of Vietnam Armed Forces soldier’s view about the war inspire of my limited language skill. 

After the presentation, each of the panelists was asked one question. The Film features a North Vietnamese veteran named Bao Ninh who says that there was no winner during the Vietnam War. The moderator asked me to comment on the interviewee’s statement. :snip:   https://freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com/2017/09/review-of-ken-burns-vietnam-pbs-series.html

"In conclusion, this is a one-sided, half-truth documentary unworthy of watching."

Ken Burns & PBS Why am I not surprised?

" The Film features a North Vietnamese veteran named Bao Ninh who says that there was no winner during the Vietnam War."

Says a guy who won the war.

19 hours ago, Valin said:

"In conclusion, this is a one-sided, half-truth documentary unworthy of watching."

Ken Burns & PBS Why am I not surprised?

" The Film features a North Vietnamese veteran named Bao Ninh who says that there was no winner during the Vietnam War."

Says a guy who won the war.

I watched it last night what is said above is correct junk film :thumbdown:

• Like 1

• 8 months later...