The Cultural Purge Will Not Be Televised

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

The Cultural Purge Will Not Be Televised

February 24, 2017 markjr

“The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, and our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of…. It is they who pull the wires that control the public mind.”

– Edward Bernays, Public Relations

I’ve been trying not to write this post, because really, who needs a bunch of shrill, hysterical snowflakes calling you a racist nazi for committing the egregious sin of pointing out the many contradictions in the #deleteshopify boycott and the wider witch hunt mentality that pervades social discourse these days?

The main factor holding me back is not cynicism but actually fear. For the first time in my life I’m afraid to speak my mind. The possible ramifications of exercising my inalienable right to free speech frighten the crap out of me. So much so that I really don’t want to do it. Scissors-32x32.pnghttps://www.easydns.com/blog/2017/02/24/the-cultural-purge-will-not-be-televised/

• 1 month later...

@Draggingtree

In The Not Too Distant Furture

Mitch Berg

April 26 2017

Joe Doakes from Como Park emails:

Grocery checkout clerk: I’m sorry, sir, your sale has been declined.

Liberal: What? My card is declined? Fine, I’ll pay cash.

Clerk: No sir, the card is fine. But the manufacturer won’t allow us to sell certain items to you. I’ll have to remove them from the conveyor and you can buy the remaining items.

Liberal: That’s ridiculous. How can the manufacturer refuse to sell to me? I demand to see a manager.

Manager: Sorry sir, you’re the latest in a long line of customers who are having this problem. You see, the manufacturer is engaging in a reverse boycott against certain people. We’re prohibited from selling their products to the people being boycotted.

Liberal: They can’t do that! They can’t refuse to do business with me. I have rights!

Manager: Actually, they can. The law says they can’t refuse to do business with people for discriminatory reasons like not baking a cake for gays, but they can refuse to do business with Liberals the same way the Liberals are boycotting Trump hotels. Discrimination against people in the opposite political party is perfectly legal and since Liberals started the trend, it’s catching on everywhere. They probably got your name from a mailing list of Democrat contributors or MPR members.

(Snip)

laugh.png

• Like 1