Roger Clegg: Some Blunt Talk On Race

Draggingtree

8 August 2016

Some will regard the following guest post by Roger Clegg, president and general counsel of the Center for Equal Opportunity, as politically incorrect. I do not. I suspect, however, that I would have posted it even if I did, based on a belief that the best way to fight political correctness is by being willing to say, write, and publish arguments that some denounce as politically incorrect. This willingness, of course, has its limits. There are, after all, some arguments I would not be willing to post here even though the proctors of political correctness would applaud my refusal. And I am reminded — indeed, I remind myself — of some critics of McCarthyism who eagerly signed any statement or petition put in front of them, whether they agreed or not, as their way of resisting the fear that prevented others from speaking out. But enough about me; here is some much needed blunt talk from Roger on race (and other matters):

Many African Americans have blown it. By no means all, but many. By no means only African Americans, as I’ll discuss below, but a disproportionate number of them. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.discriminations.us/2016/08/roger-clegg-some-blunt-talk-on-race/