Coffee Shop

Rheo

@SrWoodchuck

My Jeb! Cite Your sources Bosco!!!

It appears you want a flame war with me...Bring it on!

Mr. @Valin,

Whom is this Bosco that you speak of?

There's a grape, a chocolate & a St. John Bosco....I assure you sir, I am none of these!

Nor am I, Bosco, a dog elected honorary mayor of Sunol, California.

The degree of vitriolic rabidity that you exhibit toward the Donald, seems to indicate that you would prefer an establishment candidate...which everyone knows, must be Jeb...because...he's the "ultimate anointed establishment conservative." His father was President, his brother was President & it's his turn..according to all the GOPe & the US Chamber of Commerce. He was scheduled to dance this one with the other entitled "royal"...Killary.

Was I wrong here? Could it be some other establishment candidate...like Marco Polo Rubio, Krispy Kreme....or that ex-FNC anchor? Jindal & Linda Graham have backed out. Rand? I don't think you'd go there.

Tell me...who wouldn't "groat yer gizzard?"

Mea Culpa, if your vote is sacred and not to be speculated upon.

Trump's biggest win of the week

No it wasn't Sarah Palin's endorsement... but Whoopie Goldberg's statement that if Trump won she'd leave the country.

Send her packing!

whoopi-goldberg.jpg

BTW... I would have to put a giant clothes pin on my nose but I'd vote for Trump (or any of my less favorite Republican candidates) over whatever DEM ends up on the ballot.

• Like 4

ISIS may have saved the A-10

CNN on Warthogs

(CNN)ISIS seems determined to destroy much of what's in its path as it tries to conquer more territory in Iraq, Syria and elsewhere, but it may have inadvertently saved a fleet of U.S. Air Force jets.

Gen. David Goldfein, the Air Force's vice chief of staff, tells Defense News the rise of the Islamic State and the U.S. air campaign to fight it has prompted the service to reconsider plans to retire the A-10 ground attack jets, which first joined the Air Force fleet in 1975.

Scissors-32x32.png

a_10_thunderbolt_ii_by_biometal79-d30usp

• Like 2

Why I can't stand DT Reason #306,881

@Valin

I can't believe we are in agreement on this one.

Yay!

What I don't get (one of the many many many things I don't get) is why @SrWoodchuck is surprised. Ever since DT got in the race I have had one consistent position...ABT Anyone But Trump.

He is surprised that the two of you agree about something, because often you do not.

• Like 1

I will take the acronym voting a little different direction...

ABADD (Anybody But Another Damn Democrat)

BTW... I'd pay $50 pay-per-view to see a no moderator "cage debate" with just Trump and Bernie.

• Like 1

Rush made a good point early in his show today... Hillary now has a commercial that features two men kissing.

The Advocate

His point: This has to be one of the best ISIS recruiting tools ever. Forget any Donald Trump comments.

• Like 2

righteousmomma

Why I can't stand DT Reason #306,881

@Valin

I can't believe we are in agreement on this one.

A couple of the comments mirror my own thoughts and so will be lazy and repost them:

"In 2010 I stood with Tea Party activists praying one day we would have

the chance to elect a true conservative to the highest office. I've

been called a Nut-Job, Wacko-Bird, Racist and a Loon. Now, in 2016 we

have that chance. I just hope we don't screw it up. Electing Donald

Trump might work out fine, but it's a HUGE risk. If Donald Trump moves

to the center, capitulates to Democrats and goes against conservative

principles, the country will fail. Do you know who will be blamed? You

got it, the Right Wing Nut-Jobs that put Trump in office. Is it fair?

No!! But, guess what? True conservatives would have lost all

credibility. In the past month Ted Cruz has been ridiculed, mocked and

scorned by the same people whom he defended time and time again. It is

truly sad. I know one thing... If Ted Cruz is elected, rest assured

that conservatism would be unleashed. I stand with TED because we can't

afford to be wrong. I respect the right of every conservative to make

their own decision, but ask all of you to think very hard."

"I am somewhat amazed that people believe that Trump funding his campaign is superior to those candidates collecting supporting donations. Under that scenario only billionaires would be able to compete. Doesn't seem like a good approach. Certainly would eliminate almost everyone from the game. Collecting money, particularly smaller donations, is an indication of support. I just think candidates should be required to provide an online list of all donations, updated at least weekly. With transparency, if you can make a case of undue influence have at it. Further, it is also amusing that people think Trump is not beholden to anyone because he is self-funding. He has been part of crony capitalism all his career. He has just been on the other side of pay to play. He was a payer rather than a payee. All of a sudden he is now mister squeaky clean?"

As for me and my house we will vote for whoever is the nominee against ANY DEM that might be put up. Trump scares me for all the obvious reasons and still would be my last choice out of Cruz, Rubio or even Christie. In this surreal upside down screwed up scary and complex world we inhabit anything is possible so we wait.

• Like 1

@righteousmomma

Well Said. However Populists Demagogues Scare Me Because I Study History DT is a modern version of William Jennings Bryan (To name but one in our history)

DT is not a liberal, he is not a conservative, he is not a Democrat he is not a Republican. He is a party of one The Donald Trump Party. and he will (and has) siad and done whatever it takes to advance his party.

What I don't get is why so many people apparently don't see this.

Tom Sowell Weighs In

• Like 4

righteousmomma

You know I love Dr. Sowell. This piece of his opinion is no exception.

HEAR! HEAR!

Those of us who like to believe that human beings are rational can sometimes have a hard time trying to explain what is going on in politics. It is still a puzzle to me how millions of patriotic Americans could have voted in 2008 for a man who for 20 years -- TWENTY YEARS -- was a follower of a preacher who poured out his hatred for America in the most gross gutter terms.

Yet there are even a few people with strong conservative principles who have lined up with this man, whose history has demonstrated no principles at all, other than an ability to make self-serving deals, and who has shown what Thorstein Veblen once called "a versatility of convictions."

With the Iowa caucuses coming up, it is easy to understand why Iowa governor Terry Branstad is slamming Trump's chief rival, Senator Ted Cruz, who has opposed massive government subsidies to ethanol, which have dumped tons of taxpayer money on Iowa for growing corn. Iowa's Senator Charles Grassley has come right out and said that is why he opposes Senator Cruz.

Former Senator Bob Dole, an establishment Republican if ever there was one, has joined the attacks on Ted Cruz, on grounds that Senator Cruz is disliked by other politicians.

When Senator Dole was active, he was liked by both Democrats and Republicans. He joined the long list of likable Republican candidates for president that the Republican establishment chose-- and that the voters roundly rejected.

With both establishment Republicans and anti-establishment Republicans now taking sides with Donald Trump, it is hard to see what principle-- if any-- is behind his support.

Some may see Trump's success in business as a sign that he can manage the economy. But the great economist David Ricardo, two centuries ago, pointed out that business success did not mean that someone understands economic issues facing a nation.

What kind of deals would Donald Trump make? He has already praised the Supreme Court's decision in "Kelo v. City of New London" which said that the government can seize private property to turn it over to another private party.

That kind of decision is good for an operator like Donald Trump. Doubtless other decisions that he would make as president would also be good for Donald Trump, even if for nobody else.

• Like 3

Liberal/Progressive (please excuse the redundancy) College, "New Constitution"

PREAMBLE

We the People [not ALL the people] of the United States [u.S.-centric!] in Order to form a more perfect Union [singles’ therapy and anatomy-neutral gingerbread persons available to uncoupled undergrads] establish Justice [students unfairly punished for “wrong” answers on organic-chemistry exam should join the Tweet for A’s study group], insure domestic Tranquility [teaching assistants who are married but still exploring their socio-sexual identities advised to stop reading now], provide for the common defence [those who have ever felt intimidated by campus security, please gather in the cafeteria, Thursday at 2 P.M., for Stoning ‘n Donuts] promote the general Welfare [warning: could cause distress to anyone not happy all the time], and secure the Blessings [anti-atheistic] of Liberty [full disclosure: I’m going outside now to dumpster-dive for lunch and do community service—it’s a beautiful day, though I mustn’t forget that the fine weather is a serious indicator of global warming] to ourselves [the Committee of Apologies feels shame that the Founding Parents used such a possessive, exclusive, and egomaniacal pronoun] and . . . [The length of this Preamble, which consists entirely of one complex sentence, is discriminatory to those suffering from A.D.D., as well as other learning issues, so we are skipping ahead to Article I, Section 1; not that we’re implying that there’s anything wrong with a disorder, or even learning, as long as it is consensual.]

ARTICLE I, SECTION 1

All legislative Powers [the Task Force Against Privilege cannot condone Power unless everyone shares in it equally] herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and a House of Representatives [the Advisory Group on Pity and Off-Campus Living says that this is a micro-aggression against Representatives experiencing Homelessness or Houselessness—to prevent more trauma, we shall close our eyes until Section 3].

ARTICLE I, SECTION 3

The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each State, chosen by the Legislature thereof, for six Years; and each Senator shall have one Vote [anyone not counting-abled: please turn to turquoise page in the Color-Coded Constitution. You can pick up a copy in the Office of Students Against Facts].

Note from the New Editor: The previous editor is pursuing other interests after having assaulted and verbally harassed a tarantula that he alleges was crawling up his shoulder. The victim of this crime was the emotional-support spider of a fellow student. The student and the arachnid’s estate will be taking legal action. In closing, we have zero tolerance for the above Constitution as it is written. We will get back to you soon with amended amendments.

NewYorker via BonedJello