Coffee Shop

Rheo

I just want everyone to know that even though we might have noticed by now that O hasn't stopped the rising of the oceans or healed the planet as promised, at least not yet, according to Parade magazine in today's Sunday paper Leonardo DiCaprio, "Man of the World," and "Globe-trotting superstar actor," (again according to Parade), has it all under control. In fact, as it turns out he has much more than movies on his mind, he is taking charge of the fate of our planet. What a relief! I can go to bed tonight and sleep well. sleep.png

• Like 3

Lot Of Really Really Stupid People Out There.

CBS reporter: Trump supporter thought I was with Islamic State
Eddie Scarry
1/11/16

Sopan Deb @SopanDeb

A Trump supporter just asked me at Reno event if I was taking pictures for ISIS. When I looked shocked, he said, "yeah, I'm talking to you."

12:13 PM - 10 Jan 2016

(Snip)

"He said, 'This is America ... be glad that you're here,'" he said. "I have a couple guesses what he meant by that."

He said the Trump supporter appeared to be a Vietnam War veteran and began filming him with a smartphone "as if he really thought I was filming for ISIS."

"This isn't first time this has happened," Deb said. "At last month's rally in Vegas, a man came up to me to say, 'Go back to Iraq!' I've never been!"

(Snip)

quote-we-have-two-political-parties-in-t

I just want everyone to know that even though we might have noticed by now that O hasn't stopped the rising of the oceans or healed the planet as promised, at least not yet, according to Parade magazine in today's Sunday paper Leonardo DiCaprio, "Man of the World," and "Globe-trotting superstar actor," (again according to Parade), has it all under control. In fact, as it turns out he has much more than movies on his mind, he is taking charge of the fate of our planet. What a relief! I can go to bed tonight and sleep well. sleep.png

Matt Damon better watch out he's got competition!

Speaker Paul Ryan Invites Nuns Fighting Obamacare Mandate To The SOTU

http://www.weaselzippers.us/250239-speaker-paul-ryan-invites-nuns-fighting-obamacare-mandate-to-the-sotu/

Screen-Shot-2016-01-11-at-6.48.41-PM-1-5

House Speaker Paul D. Ryan has invited a group of nuns fighting Obamacare’s “contraception mandate” to be among his honored guests Tuesday at President Obama’s final State of the Union address to Congress.

Sisters Loraine Marie Maguire and Constance Veit will represent the Little Sisters of the Poor, a nonprofit that provides care for the elderly and has fought the administration’s birth control rules all the way to the Supreme Court.

Scissors-32x32.png

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

1.) Paul Ryan did a good thing as Speaker!

2.) Little Sisters of the Poor (I've met some of them at their facility here in Denver) deserve to be honored.

Via WeaselZippers

• Like 1

Of 452 Suicide Attacks Worldwide Last Year, How Many Do You Think Were Perpetrated by Muslims? http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/01/10/of-452-suicide-attacks-worldwide-last-year-how-many-do-you-think-were-perpetrated-by-muslims/

Let's not be dramatic.

It was not all 452, @SrWoodchuck!

(Only 450 of the 452 suicide attacks tallied last year were carried out by Muslims.)sarcasm

• Like 2

Somewhere Karl Marx is smiling: Bernie Hints at Warren for Veep

http://legalinsurrection.com/2016/01/somewhere-karl-marx-is-smiling-bernie-hints-at-warren-for-veep/

elizabeth-warren-.jpg

In what would be a dream ticket for some and a nightmare to others, Bernie Sanders has been dropping some not-so-subtle hints that he would select Elizabeth Warren as his running mate.

This would be a smart move on Bernie’s part. He has been functioning as a stand-in for Warren and derives support from her wing of the Democratic Party. The left would be electrified.

The rest of the country would be horrified as these two Neo-Marxists traveled the land promising to take wealth from some and give to others.

Scissors-32x32.png

LegalInsurrection & Pic via iOTWReports

• Like 1

righteousmomma

Saw this on Breitbart and though it might have been posted here or the News Forum before it bears repeating in this very surreal upside down world that we live in - whether you are a Christian or not, no matter your denomination or lack there of:

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/01/12/professional-atheist-dawkins-says-christianity-bulwark-against-something-worse/

"In a text that is coursing about on social media, professional God-slayer Richard Dawkins begrudgingly admitted that Christianity may actually be our best defense against aberrant forms of religion that threaten the world."Scissors-32x32.png

Well, duh. Odd that such a smart, erudite man is just now realizing the value of "Christianity". Only taken 2000 years of Western Civilization, history and the founding of America

Edited to add that no matter your strain of faith - not knowing or understanding the Message and Purpose of the Bible and willingly putting it on par with other philosophical writings and men's opinions is also a real and present danger that does not bode well for your future.

• Like 1

French "Rape-ugees" get a surprise!

*******************************************************************************************

Can someone translate? Sweet @righteousmomma? Are they saying, "Whoa, you have a gun?"

Via iOTWReports

righteousmomma

French "Rape-ugees" get a surprise!

*******************************************************************************************

Can someone translate? Sweet @righteousmomma? Are they saying, "Whoa, you have a gun?"

Via iOTWReports

The video is horrifying but rang some questioning bells in our heads. For one thing the accents and race of the threatening "refugees". They appear to be French and from one of the former French colonies. (An immigration story within itself ) Also the way the guy handled his gun and the zoom ins were suspect . So we checked. Our hunches were accurate. Those were French guys and the guy with the gun was a policeman and from what we have read they were part of a documentary several years ago. HOWEVER it is totally believable from just what we know with the immigration problems there that have been festering and erupting for many years now. Have to add that violence and murder etc and not a "rape" culture are factors in those stories.

• Like 3

Pentagon Spends $10 Million On Powerball Tickets With Hopes Of Bolstering F-35 Program

http://www.duffelblog.com/2016/01/pentagon-spends-10-million-on-powerball-tickets-with-hopes-of-bolstering-f-35-program/?utm_source=Duffel+Blog+Fans&utm_campaign=d1fe374042-Duffel_Blog_Daily&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6d392bc034-d1fe374042-23788925&goal=0_6d392bc034-d1fe374042-23788925&mc_cid=d1fe374042&mc_eid=67373a0254

powerball-f-35-1000x600.jpg

THE PENTAGON — The Department of Defense announced today that it has purchased five million Powerball tickets at a cost of $2 per ticket, with an aim of providing a funding windfall to the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program.

“This is a minor fiscal gamble, but the Pentagon is always willing to lay out a few extra bucks in order to ensure we continue to have the most advanced military in the world,” said Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter, flashing a giddy smile. “Daddy needs a new pair of shoes, and a dozen new F-35s for the Navy’s Pacific Fleet.”

The F-35 program has been beleaguered by cost overruns, with a projected lifetime program cost of at least $1.5 trillion. The estimated $1.5 billion dollar Powerball jackpot would amount to only one-tenth of one percent of the total program cost, but it’s an important step in the Pentagon’s search for additional sources of revenue in the face of Congressional questions about the program. With the odds of winning the Powerball jackpot standing at 1-in-292,000,000, the five million tickets give the Pentagon a 1-in-58 chance of winning the jackpot.

A reporter brought to Carter’s attention that the jackpot only totals $1.5 billion dollar jackpot if the Pentagon elects to take the annuity paid out over 29 years, and the alternative lump sum payment would amount to less than $900 million.

“Well, s^#@,” said Carter. “There’s no sense in taking a 29-year annuity when the F-35 will be obsolete by that time and on the auction block to Iran and Saudi Arabia. But the lump sum payment would still buy three or four F-35s today, I believe.”

The reporter then pointed out the IRS would take almost half of the lump sum payout, leaving the Pentagon with around $500 million. They also noted the Navy’s F-35C variant costs $337 million per unit, leaving the Pentagon able to buy less than two F-35s for the Navy.

“I don’t understand why you guys would even question this,” said a visibly frustrated Carter. “That would still be two more F-35s than we had previously, with a capital expenditure of only ten million dollars in Powerball tickets. That’s a steal.”

Some reporters were critical of the Pentagon gambling taxpayer money in a lottery, leading Carter to become more defensive.

Scissors-32x32.png

UPDATE: Duffel Blog has learned that due to a clerical error the Pentagon submitted only five combinations of numbers, with each combination submitted a million times. This has reduced the Pentagon’s chances of winning the Powerball jackpot from 1-in-58 to 1-in-58,000,000. Despite the setback, Carter remains optimistic the Pentagon will now be holding a million winning Powerball tickets.

• Like 1

Sweet @righteousmomma! I believe you first posted (and introduced me to) HillBuzz/Kevin Dujan. An astute gay man from Chicago. He knew all about Oblunder back then....supported Killary, until he became conservative. His HillBuzz blog "went dark" after Oblunder's election. He's back posting and has some interesting things to say:

Why didn’t Donald Trump tell Nikki Haley off? (Hint: because he wants to win South Carolina) http://hillbuzz.org/why-didnt-donald-trump-tell-nikki-haley-off-hint-because-he-wants-to-win-south-carolina-36230

hqdefault.jpg?cda6c1

* Nikki Haley is the current Governor of South Carolina, though her real name is Nimrata Randhawa.

* Haley was a darling of Mitt Romney’s back in 2012 and is a favorite of the Cocktail Party GOP establishment.

* GOP consultants like to trot Haley out for photo ops because she has brown skin and they think this appeals to people on a Diversity! level.

* As usual, the Party of Stupid hasn’t figured out that promoting black women like Mia Love as prospective VP candidates is the best way to drive Democrats crazy and throw a wrench in the Left’s 2016 strategies.

* Ain’t nobody in this country who is going to race to the polls to elect the first Indian anything. But, a black female VP candidate on Donald Trump’s ticket could be a big windfall for the GOP.

I will be voting for Donald Trump in the Illinois primary and I hope to vote for him in November. I want him to be our next President. Never in a million years would I have thought that I would be voting for Trump (mostly because I never thought he was serious about running for president). For some reason, I thought he was just joking or this was all some kind of stunt. To me he was always a “celebrity” and not a politician. I thought he was just trolling the media with a fake campaign and that he would make up some reason to stop campaigning by now…just in time for some new tee-vee show or business venture to launch (perfectly timed to capitalize on all the attention he generated for himself).

Donald Trump is someone whom I have always found amusing but never realized I loved. Remember all the times he called Rosie O’Donnell a pig or whatever, and the two of them would get into nasty public feuds? I loved every minute of that. Rosie O’Donnell is a pig. She’s rude, too. When she lived here in Chicago briefly while filming some show for Oprah’s Weird Noises (OWN) network, Rosie was rude and crass and piggish all over Chicago. She did not make many friends in the neighborhood. Donald Trump told the truth about her and she hated it. He made her come unhinged.

I love that about him.

I hate that America has become this unappealing place where people are afraid to call a pig a pig. I don’t know when this started, but it’s deeper than political correctness. Republicans are especially afflicted by it, whatever it is…this bizarre inability to speak the truth, forever being terrified of calling a pig a pig. I finally understand why so many conservatives sat home and refused to vote for Mitt Romney and handed Obama the second term. They just refused to vote for someone who can’t call a pig a pig.

This election is shaping up to be a fascinating one to study because if Donald Trump succeeds in defeating the Cocktail Party establishment and claiming the nomination he will prove that Americans have been hungry for honesty in a politician. This is reminiscent of the movie Bullworth with Warren Beatty, where he played a Congressman who decided one day to start calling pigs pigs and saying everything else that no one is allowed to say. People ate it up. Even black people started loving him. He gave everyone something to cheer.

America is not a wimpy country, but in the last few decades we’ve allowed places like Mexico to kick us around and bully us. I don’t know who decided that Mexico gets to be a colonial power that colonizes the United States, but that’s what’s been happening. I don’t know who decided that Pakistan and Saudi Arabia and other Third World hellholes get to be colonial powers as well…or that Muslim colonies get to take root in Europe and colonize that continent. All of this is happening and people refuse to talk about it. Companies like Disney actually import foreigners, sign them up for one of those HB-1 visas, and force American workers to train their cheaper immigrant replacements. And people are too afraid to complain about that.

The Mitt Romneys of the world don’t want to rock the boat. The John McCains of the world are so wimpy. The Bob Doles of the world just do whatever the Chamber of Commerce says. The George W. Bushes can’t wait for the next occasion to call Islam “the religion of peace.”

Thank God for Donald Trump.

Thank God he actually is seriously running for president. After all these years, Bullworth has come to life and not a moment too soon.

Nikki Haley was one of Mitt Romney’s darlings back in 2012 and she, like Bobby Jindal, is someone that GOP consultants love to trot around…because her skin is brown. I think it’s disgusting that this woman has chosen to hide her real name (Nimrata Randhawa) and goes by “Nikki Haley” instead. I thought her State of the Union response was deplorable. She is the perfect personification of what is wrong with the Cocktail Party GOP-elite (the GOP-e for short). I didn’t think any GOP-e darling could fumble worse than Bobby Jindal did when he delivered his own State of the Union Response a few years ago, but Haley really was awful.

The Chamber of Commerce wants America flooded with foreigners so that Americans will lose their jobs and corporations can pay cheaper wages to Third Worlders on American soil. A nation that has as much unemployment as we do does not need any more immigrants. We have no duty or obligation to accept everyone who wants to come here. As long as Harvard and Yale and other Ivy League universities have an admissions process and do not give free tuition and room & board to anyone who walks onto their campuses, then the United States should not be forced to take in every person who wants to come here. There are immigration laws on the books that are not being enforced because Democrats and the Cocktail Party GOP-e crowd don’t want them enforced. Meanwhile, middle class Americans are being devastated and have no champion.

Donald Trump is clearly the right man for this troubling time. He says the things that I have waited years to hear anyone with a public platform say.

Nimrata Randhawa Nikki Haley did what the Cocktail Partiers told her to do and took a swing at Trump…and part of me wanted “The Donald” to punch her back hard, like he always did with Rosie O’Donnell. He got in a good jab at Haley, reminding her that she had solicited campaign contributions from Trump over the years, but he restrained himself.

Trump is incredibly astute for handling her this way. He clearly wants to win South Carolina. He made Haley look stupid and marginalized her, but he did not go in for the kill. She’s apparently popular in South Carolina…so getting into a Rosie O’Donnell feud with her (even if she started it) would be ill-advised.

I’d love to see Trump run with a black female Vice President. Maybe Trump and Mia Love…a Trump-Love ballot. After he wins the South Carolina primary, I hope Trump never gives Haley the time of day again. What good would having a Cocktail Party darling do Trump on the ticket?

A black female would do massive damage to Democrats if Trump picked someone like Mia Love to be his VP. Someone smart, with guts, conviction, faith, and determination. The first black Vice President and the first female Vice President all rolled into one. I never understood why the GOP establishment is so hellbent on pushing Indians like Haley and Jindal when they could do so much more damage to Democrats by promoting black female conservatives on the national stage.

Scissors-32x32.png

Via HillBuzz

• Like 1