Coffee Shop

Rheo

Democrat Martin O'Malley fails to qualify for Ohio's primary ballot

December 31, 2015

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Democratic presidential candidate Martin O'Malley failed to qualify for Ohio's primary ballot after falling short of the signatures needed to appear before the state's voters, a spokesman for the state's elections chief said Thursday.

O'Malley needed 1,000 valid signatures to appear on the March 15 primary ballot. The former Maryland governor's campaign submitted 1,175 signatures, but only 772 were deemed valid, said Josh Eck, a spokesman for Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted.

O'Malley's campaign expressed disappointment, though it noted the candidate is on the ballot in 18 other states.

(Snip)

The Week in Pictures: Happy New Year Edition

Steven Hayward

January 2, 2016

If 2015 was the Year of Trump, then it stands to reason that 2016 will be . . . the Year of Trump? He’s clearly going to be the story of the year, however it comes out. I suspect before it is done, he’s going to change the rules of politics forever. Which might not be a bad thing, even if he is deficient as a candidate.

Trump-Genius-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=58

(Snip)

Trump-Donations.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=580%

Dem-Debate-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=580%

(Snip)

Sanders-Cafe.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=450%2C6

Maybe if I pretend he’s not here. . .

Liberal-Guide-to-Guns.jpg?zoom=1.5&resiz

(Snip)

Control-Politicians.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=

Cook-Animals.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=580%2C4

(Snip)

Fork-is-Strong.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=337%2

Diet.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=543%2C543

(Snip)

But this is indisputable truth (and happy 80th birthday to Mr. Koufax):

Koufax.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=400%2C600

(Snip)

Heisenberg.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=580%2C552

(Snip)

Scottinh-Breathalyzer.jpg?zoom=1.5&resiz

(Snip)

12466101_10154505845511988_1258881217912

And finally. . .

(Snip)

• Like 1

VHS versus Communism

Full PBS film here: http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/videos/chuck-norris-vs-communism/

Via iOTWReports

That was interesting.

I read the Economist for many years because it seemed to be the best way to keep up with news of countries like Romania on a fairly regular basis. Their reporting of the U.S. was annoying, however, and when they endorsed Obama again for his second term I had to cancel my subscription. Where else can I get news of East European countries in particular?

• Like 1

Hillary The Gift That Keeps On Giving!

Well, it WAS snow in Las Vegas that she was citing.

More interesting to me were the people behind her. Some looked bored and some did not clap. Reminded me of the women behind Bill in a recent video.

• Like 1

WOW! This is a Professor of the Constitution!

**********************************************************************************

KRISANNE HALL FOR ATTORNEY GENERAL! Must See....

Via iOTWReports

righteousmomma

VHS versus Communism

Full PBS film here: http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/videos/chuck-norris-vs-communism/

Via iOTWReports

That was interesting.

I read the Economist for many years because it seemed to be the best way to keep up with news of countries like Romania on a fairly regular basis. Their reporting of the U.S. was annoying, however, and when they endorsed Obama again for his second term I had to cancel my subscription. Where else can I get news of East European countries in particular?

That was an interesting video on Romania. We know 3 separate Romanian families who are now living and thriving here in the U. S. Two of the families are committed Christians - don't know about the 3rd family's faith but to a person they cannot stand Obama and the Democrats of today - PERIOD. They have seen the dangers for years in the ideology and fear greatly for America. I mention Christianity because they all with varying years here - some for 30 or more (but with family still in Romania) and some within the last 5 (parents etc still there) - say that communism tried to wipe out all faith in God but that the Orthodox church survived within many restrictions and prohibitions. One family became "evangelical" Christians through a Billy Graham crusade and the others individually. Long and involved story but the same fear of the 0's ideology and the warnings and repercussions for America were being expressed by Cuban expats we know here in the same way back before the 0's first election victory.

"What we feared has come upon us."

• Like 2

The Week in Pictures: Toy Gun Control Edition
Steven Hayward
January 9, 2016

As numerous analysts have pointed out, President Obama’s new executive gun control actions don’t amount to very much, and even if you assume maximum nuisance and mischief from the policy, it is certainly incommensurate with the public events it came wrapped in this week. It’s almost as if Obama wants us to think he’s trying to change public opinion, when by now it should be perfectly obvious that he is in cahoots with gun manufacturers and retailers, and gun sales are soaring. Someone should look into whether he’s getting pledges from Smith & Wesson for his presidential library. (Heh.)

Obama-Gun-Control.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=50

(Snip)

Obama-Expert-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=58

Obama-Gun-Control-3.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=

(Snip)

Hillary-Nonsecure-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resi

(Snip)

Bill-Hillary-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=58

(Snip)

image002.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=580%2C345

(Snip)

Vote-Trump.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=462%2C316

(Snip)

Birthers-again.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=500%2

(Snip)

Frum-Tweet-copy.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=580%

Tweet of the Week

(Snip)

Wine-Bucket.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=448%2C60

(Snip)

Hitler-cool.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=580%2C37

(Snip)

Millennial-Antitheft.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize

(Snip)

And finally, in keeping with this week’s headline theme:

image009.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=580%2C374

• Like 1

righteousmomma

This is long but well worth the read as it explains much about Trump's appeal. We have said for years that America has become a celebrity worshipping culture with 24 hour soundbite news so Donald Trump comes along and the rest is history.

One of MarK Steyn's best exposés - funny and razor sharp.

Notes on a Phenomenon (Trump)

http://www.steynonline.com/7408/notes-on-a-phenomenon

• Like 2

This is long but well worth the read as it explains much about Trump's appeal. We have said for years that America has become a celebrity worshipping culture with 24 hour soundbite news so Donald Trump comes along and the rest is history.

One of MarK Steyn's best exposés - funny and razor sharp.

Notes on a Phenomenon (Trump)

http://www.steynonline.com/7408/notes-on-a-phenomenon

Sweet @righteousmomma!

From the link:

In 2015, for many Americans, "malaise" is not a blip, but a permanent feature of life that has squeezed them out of the middle class. They're not in the mood for bromides about second American centuries: They'd like what's left of their own lifespan to be less worse.

ZING!

• Like 3