Coffee Shop

Rheo

Actually, I think what really toasts my giblets is the stunning realization that the man we all adore, Ronald Reagan could not even make it through the primaries in this climate, let alone govern effectively. The volume of the rancor is just too high.

• Like 4

I just saw that Jeb suspended his campaign. Now I don't want Jeb to be the nominee. I adore his brother. I respect his father. I love his mother. But the time has passed and I appreciate the family's service.

But the horrific vitriol from Trump supporters on the Fox Nees announcement left me reeling. These are not people who want the best for our country. These are people who are intent on "teaching everyone who doesn't think they are the most intelligent people ever and should be the leader of the world because they could fix every problem without breaking a sweat" a severe and horrific lesson. They have become the ugliness I hated about those from the DU. I don't like it and I do not want to be associated with it in any way. I find myself an American who feels both parties are inhospitable, represent the worst of America and leave a very bitter taste in my mouth.

I could never understand why he got in, in the 1st place. I could have told him last year it wasn't gonna happen...that last name you know.

• Like 3

@Valin, the thing is, that Jeb, for all his great management and executive qualities takes after his dad. His dad couldn't make it on his own and could only win as a third term Reagan. I like his Dad a lot. I suspect he's a fun guy. I suspect that Mitt Romney is too. But conservatives have to understand that charisma is essential in a president today. It's not a happy little bonus that your candidate might have. For all his faults, George got the charisma (from his mom) not Jeb. So he got to wear the family ring. But like anyone, he also had his screw ups and that toasted the whole family name as a result. There is absolutely nothing that was for him period. And so, that is why I was totally with you in that.

• Like 2

@pollyannaish Charisma seems to almost be the #1 requirement today. It is how we got the unqualified (that and the gimme factor) President we have today TWICE. Qualifications not necessary. If we were actually looking for qualifications the order from the beginning of this race would have been drastically different and we would have three extremely qualified candidates to chose from. Jeb did a very decent thing by dropping out. He is smart enough to know, as Trump is smart enough to know, that the longer they stay in the better it is for him. Take all the other totals and add them up and he is gone long ago. The crowd that he attracts is just enough to keep him winning delates otherwise and he may take it all. The so called " best field of candidates" that we started with will be gone and we will again have a D President. Thanks to the Trumpets.

• Like 3

This is a very interesting article with interactive map showing how the VA shuffles problem performers from job/location to another since they can't/don't fire. Says even more about investing all of our lives in the federal government.... most of these folks would have been shown the door in the private sector.

Daily Caller

Department of Veterans Affairs leaders have shuffled nearly 100 hospital administrators to three or more states each in the last eight years, often to deal with underperforming directors whom they could not fire, according to a Daily Caller News Foundation analysis.

The list of VA employees with unusual workplace moving patterns includes infamous names like Diana Rubens, who was a D.C. based administrator until she created a job for herself with less work and the same $181,000 salary near her family in Philadelphia. Then she billed VA for nearly $300,000 in relocation costs.

Scissors-32x32.png
  • Like 3

This is a very interesting article with interactive map showing how the VA shuffles problem performers from job/location to another since they can't/don't fire. Says even more about investing all of our lives in the federal government.... most of these folks would have been shown the door in the private sector.

Daily Caller

Department of Veterans Affairs leaders have shuffled nearly 100 hospital administrators to three or more states each in the last eight years, often to deal with underperforming directors whom they could not fire, according to a Daily Caller News Foundation analysis.

The list of VA employees with unusual workplace moving patterns includes infamous names like Diana Rubens, who was a D.C. based administrator until she created a job for herself with less work and the same $181,000 salary near her family in Philadelphia. Then she billed VA for nearly $300,000 in relocation costs.

Scissors-32x32.png

Shades of another large institution, how moved "problem" people around.

Nevada Trump 43% versus 25 Rubio, 20 Cruz, 7 Carson, 4 Kasich. Almost same total as Rubio and Cruz together.

I can't believe we/themedia eliminated all the governors. Rubio is so inexperienced and Cruz is so polar. Trump will have to do something really, really, really stupid to lose this.

• Like 1

Nevada Trump 43% versus 25 Rubio, 20 Cruz, 7 Carson, 4 Kasich. Almost same total as Rubio and Cruz together.

I can't believe we/themedia eliminated all the governors. Rubio is so inexperienced and Cruz is so polar. Trump will have to do something really, really, really stupid to lose this.

I feel like I am watching a train wreck in motion and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it.

• Like 1

I feel like I am watching a train wreck in motion and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it.

Well if Trump wins this and becomes the candidate against Hillary they will finally make him release his tax returns and then Presto - President Hillary. The scum I know over the scum I don't know.

It was revealed that the person that gave the 3 Mil to run the anti-Trump adds was a Chicago Cubs owner. Done anon, but SOMONE?? found out. Trump said yesterday that (forgot the family name) should watch out, cause they probably have a lot of skeletons in their closet. Now you know why no one goes after Trump.

Uhhhhhhhhhhh . . . are there really folks on TRR that fantasize that the oligarchy allows our 'voting' to decide much of anything at this stage?

I think we ought to do it as our patriotic Christian duty as best we prayerfully can.

However, given all the givens--from wholesale skillful manipulation of the 'discussion' preSElection to the voting machine software etc. etc. etc. etc.

As Stalin? said . . . it's not those who vote who count . . . but those who count the votes that decide things.

Anyone within a gnat's fart's worth gaze at the White House HAS to have been allowed that close by the oligarchy. Or, another assassination would be planned and carried out in due course.

I love the way Trump upsets--or appears to upset--the status quo and the entrenched voices. However, THAT TOO has to have been in the script. As FDR said . . .

IF ANYTHING happens in politics--IT WAS PLANNED that way.

But I think Trump is about as conservative as Shrillery is heterosexual . . .

IOW . . . not at all.

Probably offered to pay off his campaign debts - or had some blackmail on him. Haven't trusted him for a long time.

He's Dead To Me!

I liked him the least of all the governors.

I sent an e-mail to the governors office. Lets just say words were written...opinions expressed....rather strongly.

• Like 1