Can Kentucky County Clerk Escape Contempt Finding in Gay Marriage Block?

Draggingtree

can-kentucky-county-clerk-escape-contempt-finding-in-gay-marriage-block:

Can Kentucky County Clerk Escape Contempt Finding in Gay Marriage Block?

Davis argues that ACLU motion would violate religious liberty and her due process rights.

by Rod Kackley September 2, 2015 - 3:42 pm

The county clerk who is refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex partners in Kentucky told a gay couple, along with the crowd of people supporting them and opposing her on Sept. 1, she would refuse their request for a marriage license “under God’s authority.”

“In addition to my desire to serve the people of Rowan County, I owe my life to Jesus Christ who loves me and gave His life for me. Following the death of my godly mother-in-law over four years ago, I went to church to fulfill her dying wish. There I heard a message of grace and forgiveness and surrendered my life to Jesus Christ. I am not perfect. No one is. But I am forgiven and I love my Lord and must be obedient to Him and to the Word of God,” Davis said in a statement released Sept. 1.

uld come, where I would be asked to violate a central teaching of Scripture and of Jesus Himself regarding marriage. To issue a marriage license which conflicts with God’s definition of marriage, with my name affixed to the certificate, would violate my conscience. It is not a light issue for me. It is a Heaven or Hell decision. For me it is a decision of obedience. I have no animosity toward anyone and harbor no ill will. To me this has never been a gay or lesbian issue. It is about marriage and God’s Word,” she added. Scissors-32x32.png