GOP circulates loyalty pledge to box Trump in

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
republican-national-committee-2016-campaign-pledge-213283Politico:

The GOP is taking its most aggressive step yet to force Donald Trump's hand.

The Republican National Committee on Wednesday privately reached out to GOP presidential candidates to ask whether they’d be willing to sign a pledge stating they would not run as an independent candidate in the event they fail to win the Republican nomination in 2016.

The move is an implicit challenge to Trump, who pointedly refused to rule out a third-party run during the first GOP debate. He was the only candidate who declined.

The language of the draft pledge speaks directly to the issue vexing Republicans – the possibility that the billionaire could choose to wage a third party bid if he fails to win the GOP nomination, a prospect that could seriously damage the GOP’s prospects of reclaiming the White House. Tapping into deep anti-establishment animosity among the conservative grassroots, Trump has surged to the lead of the deepest presidential field in recent memory. If Trump were to pull just a fraction of the vote as an independent, write-in or third party candidate, it could be enough to sink the eventual Republican nominee.

“I [name] affirm that if I do not win the 2016 Republican nomination for president of the United States I will endorse the 2016 Republican presidential nominee regardless of who it is,” the pledge reads. “I further pledge that I will not seek to run as an independent or write-in candidate nor will I seek or accept the nomination for president of any other party.”

________

Sign here, please...

September 02, 2015

Not Important: Stopping the Iran Nuke Deal
Important: Getting a Loyalty Pledge From Trump
—Ace

So once again they're demanding that Trump sign a loyalty oath.

Which might not be the worst thing, but I also see the RNC has not undertaken to promise that neither it nor the state parties will use their power to keep him off the ballots.

They only seem to care about their sinecures.

Once again we have a party which will not resort to extraordinary measures to fulfill any of their policy promises to voters resorting to extraordinary measures to save themselves and their dear, dear Donor Class.Scissors-32x32.png

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/358811.php