Bobby Jindal: ‘Immigration Without Assimilation Is Invasion’

Geee

bobby-jindal-immigration-without-assimilation-invasionCNS News:

(CNSNews.com) - Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal told CBS’s “Face the Nation” on Sunday that people who want to come to the United States should learn English and adopt our values, because “immigration without assimilation is invasion.”

“One of the things I have been emphasizing, as the son of immigrants who came here legally, we need to insist on assimilation. In Europe, they're not doing that. They have got huge problems. Immigration without assimilation is invasion. That can weaken our country,” Jindal said. “We don't need to go down the path of Europe. Let's insist on being the melting pot. Let's forget this politically correct, left notion that we're not a melting pot anymore.”

Host John Dickerson asked Jindal, “Let me ask you a question about immigration, a topic that is much in conversation among Republicans. We know all Republicans candidates want to secure the border, but after that, there is the question of what to do with the undocumented workers who are in the United States.

“You said on CNN recently, you said, ‘I think American people will be pragmatic and compassionate about the people here.’ What does that mean about the 11 million, 12 million undocumented workers who are here now?” Jindal asked.Scissors-32x32.png