GOV. TERRY MCAULIFFE ADMITS NOT KNOWING HOW GUNMAN ACQUIRED FIREARM, CALLS FOR MORE GUN CONTROL

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
gov-terry-mcauliffe-admits-not-knowing-how-gunman-acquired-firearm-calls-for-more-gun-controlBreitbart:

Just hours after a gunman shot and killed WDBJ-TV’s Allison Parker and Adam Ward just off camera during a live interview, Governor Terry McAuliffe admitted not knowing anything about how the gunman got his gun, yet the Governor stressed that more gun controls–specifically background checks–are needed.

Speaking on Fox News while a police chase of the gunman was underway, McAuliffe called for background check legislation.

McAuliffe said:

Twice I have brought legislation before the general assembly. Twice I have asked that we have background checks. Twice now they have rejected background checks.” He said there are “individuals in this country who should not be allowed to own a firearm and it’s just tragic that this kind of legislation cannot be passed and signed into law.

An unnamed reporter then asked, “Do you know that [the gunman] is not a permit holder? Do you know that he has a criminal background?”

McAuliffe responded by saying, “I don’t. At this stage I don’t.”

________

The governor jumps the gun, so to speak.