LIVE FROM COUNCIL BLUFFS, IT’S BOBBY JINDAL

Geee

live-from-council-bluffs-its-bobby-jindal.phpPowerline:

first saw Bobby Jindal in Council Bluffs, Iowa on July 1. At that time and after the first debate I was concerned about the effectiveness of his presentation because of his rapid delivery. He has slowed down his delivery considerably and he is much improved. Even at the slower pace his raw intelligence (what he calls his “bandwidth”) really shines through.

This was his sixteenth appearance in Iowa and I suspect he is hitting the same Christian demographic as Carson, Huckabee and Santorum. He nevertheless seeks to differentiate himself from the other candidates.

Jindal started out by blasting (but in a nice way) Scott Walker’s newly released alternative to Obamacare. Bobby flat out called it Obamacare Light. He further asserted that Walker would create a new entitlement and that will only drive up spending. Health care is Jindal’s special area of expertise and he touted the fact that he is the only candidate (until Walker) who has released a detailed plan to repeal and replace Obamacare.

He started his stump speech describing his parents’ legal immigration to America. The most interesting thing to me was that he said that a President Jindal would secure the border in six months. Opposing sanctuary cities, he said he would lock up local officials who defied federal law. On immigration he said “enough is enough,” which is the same phrase used by Bernie Sanders but in a different context. Jindal also drew on an old theme when he said that he was tired of hyphenated Americans and only wanted Americans in this country.Scissors-32x32.png