'Everyday Americans need a champion'

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
Everyday-Americans-need-champion-Wealthy-Hillary-Clinton-enters-race-president.htmlUK Daily Mail:

Hillary Rodham Clinton is running for president, leaning on a message of middle-class rescue and claims that America's economy is 'still stacked in favor of those at the top,' according to a campaign video that went online Sunday afternoon.

'I'm getting ready to do something,' Clinton says in the brief ad, following a series of clips of ordinary-looking Americans describing what they're 'getting ready' for.

'I'm running for president,' she says.

'Everyday Americans need a champion, and I want to be that champion.'

That message is a daring one, given Clinton's wealth. When she left the U.S. State Department in 2013, her financial disclosure report showed that her combined net worth with her husband was between $5.2 and $25.5 million. Millions more rolled in when she published her memoirs.

She famously claimed last year that she and former president Bill Clinton were 'dead broke' whenthey left the White House in 2001 – when they moved into a palatial home in a tree-lined New York City suburb.

Clinton's chief of staff John Podesta pushed a similar 'middle-class' message, but stepped on her announcement with his own email to a group of donors.

________

Scroll down:

In a sign of her campaign's fundraising trajectory – her insiders are said to be eyeing a staggering $2.5 billion war chest – a political action committee called HillaryPAC had its first solicitation email out 18 minutes before the campaign's own press release.

That announcement to reporters, perhaps finished in haste, included an embarrassing mistake in the omission of a key word.

Hillary, it said, has 'fought children and families all her career.'

LMFAO.gif

• Like 1