Brandeis Student Journalist: ‘Selective Outrage’ on Campus, Students ‘Intimidated,’ ‘Shamed Into Silence’

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
brandeis-student-journalist-selective-outrage-on-campus-students-intimidated-shamed-into-silenceBreitbart:

On December 20, Daniel Mael, a Brandeis University senior and a contributor to the conservative Truth Revolt and the Franklin Center for Government and Public Integrity, reported on a tweet sent out by student leader Khadijah Lynch, a Brandeis junior and an undergraduate department representative in the African and Afro-American Studies Department.

Though Lynch’s Twitter account is now “protected,” on the day New York City police officers Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos were murdered, she reportedly tweeted out, “I have no sympathy for the NYPD officers who were murdered today… LMAO, all I just really don’t have sympathy for the cops who were shot. I hate this racist, f***ing country.”

In a piece published in Time on Thursday, where Mael wrote about the response to his report, he said, “As a student journalist who frequently writes about the culture wars on campus, I knew her comments were newsworthy.”

“Here was a student leader at a well-known American university publicly condoning cold-blooded murder,” he added. “So I wrote a short blog post highlighting Lynch’s public comments. These pieces usually generate a local response, but this post went viral.”

Mael said that when he contacted Lynch for comment about her tweets, she tweeted, “I need to get my gun license. Asap,” and then reportedly deleted the tweet.

________

The culture of suppression.