Coffee Shop

Rheo

Going down to 23 here in Austin area tonight. New record for the day. Glad we got the new agreement with China to save us from this Global Warming.

I feel your pain...it was up to 26 today. biggrin.png

It's 8 degrees here.....and it will start going up at 11PM....to 9.

The high for tomorrow is supposed to be 43....I'm thinking of running naked down the street to cool off.

No, I'm not.

• Like 1

Going down to 23 here in Austin area tonight. New record for the day. Glad we got the new agreement with China to save us from this Global Warming.

I feel your pain...it was up to 26 today. biggrin.png

It's 8 degrees here.....and it will start going up at 11PM....to 9.

The high for tomorrow is supposed to be 43....I'm thinking of running naked down the street to cool off.

No, I'm not.

Thank you! biggrin.png

Now if I could only convince Dieter (my evil twin) to stop suggesting I do that.

• Like 1

The American Interest Podcast: Republicans Abroad and Detroit in Court

November 10, 2014

Good evening, podcast listeners! This week’s episode looks at what a Republican Congress means for U.S. foreign policy, and at the significance of Detroit’s recent bankruptcy hearings.

First, senior political analyst at the Washington Examiner and resident fellow at the American Enterprise Institute Michael Barone talks about what the midterm election results mean for American foreign policy, looking to history for perspective. He also looks at President Obama’s ability and inclination to work with this Republican Congress, especially with regard to foreign relations, and discusses what Republican foreign policy might look like in the years ahead. Barone examines the likelihood that Republicans will cooperate with the President on trade issues, and also the possibility of a clash between Congress and the President over Iran, and why the White House may have the upper hand in that fight.

Then, Steven Malanga, senior fellow at the Manhattan Institute, discusses Detroit’s progress through municipal bankruptcy, including the deals the city has struck with its major creditors, and what sorts of precedents these proceedings might set for future municipal bankruptcies. He speaks on the job that emergency manager Kevyn Orr has done, and he looks at how various politicians across the country have dealt with the issue of pensions.

Rant:

Mr G and I were talking about the Katie Couric interview with Chelsea Clinton and how she was gushing over her and how great she is. The two Bush daughters have done numerous things for charities for the poor all over the world - what the H has Chelsea done. Never hear the gushing about them. Went to Wiki to Jenna's bio. One of the first things mentioned was when she was caught drinking underage and with a false ID when she was 19 angry.png And then quotes about her not wanting her life disrupted by her dad running for President. Her good works were much further down in the bio. Got me to thinking about how much press this incident got when it happened. How many times was the fact that Bidens son was let go from the military for cocaine use?? How much press was given to the # of times that Gore's son was arrested. Both of these were much worse than underage drinking.

• Like 2

Rant:

Mr G and I were talking about the Katie Couric interview with Chelsea Clinton and how she was gushing over her and how great she is. The two Bush daughters have done numerous things for charities for the poor all over the world - what the H has Chelsea done. Never hear the gushing about them. Went to Wiki to Jenna's bio. One of the first things mentioned was when she was caught drinking underage and with a false ID when she was 19 angry.png And then quotes about her not wanting her life disrupted by her dad running for President. Her good works were much further down in the bio. Got me to thinking about how much press this incident got when it happened. How many times was the fact that Bidens son was let go from the military for cocaine use?? How much press was given to the # of times that Gore's son was arrested. Both of these were much worse than underage drinking.

Sweet @Geee! Nice rant!

To be fair, Chelsea was able to make $600,000.00 from NBC for seldom being there. That's crony capitalism!

Bidens niece was also arrested a few times & his son just.....quit being with the Navy, because......cocaine.

Then there is Pelosi's son [charged w/fraud] and her BIL [$737 million in green job moolah for his SolarReserve company]

We can spread that joy around here....but it'll never make the MSM.

Rant:

Sweet @Geee! Nice rant!

To be fair, Chelsea was able to make $600,000.00 from NBC for seldom being there. That's crony capitalism!

Bidens niece was also arrested a few times & his son just.....quit being with the Navy, because......cocaine.

Then there is Pelosi's son [charged w/fraud] and her BIL [$737 million in green job moolah for his SolarReserve company]

Just ticked me off that all of the good things that Jenna and Barbara have done that they should even mention something that she did that was of little consequence when she was basically a kid.

Just what have most of the offspring that you have mentioned above to make the world a better place??

• Like 1

Rant:

Sweet @Geee! Nice rant!

Just ticked me off that all of the good things that Jenna and Barbara have done that they should even mention something that she did that was of little consequence when she was basically a kid.

Just what have most of the offspring that you have mentioned above to make the world a better place??

Sweet @Geee! I've got.........goose-eggs. 0000......

The Fourth Estate....so necessary for good government in the American Constitutional Republic....is now a Progressive Plantation Pony Poop Mucking Station.

Posted Image

INFO

The video story is entitled “Sailor mom surprises daughter at school.” It first appeared on CNN on Thursday — on loan from an Indianapolis Fox affiliate.

Prior to CNN’s presentation of the video (just after the mandatory commercial), a warning message appeared for several seconds in bold font atop a two-tone black background.

“Please be advised you are about to hear an excerpt of the national anthem,” the warning declared

So I guess an employee decided that the clip was a violation of CNN policy that the entire Anthem must be played and decided to put the warning as it was only a clip..... Right.

• Like 1

Posted Image

INFO

The video story is entitled “Sailor mom surprises daughter at school.” It first appeared on CNN on Thursday — on loan from an Indianapolis Fox affiliate.

Prior to CNN’s presentation of the video (just after the mandatory commercial), a warning message appeared for several seconds in bold font atop a two-tone black background.

“Please be advised you are about to hear an excerpt of the national anthem,” the warning declared

So I guess an employee decided that the clip was a violation of CNN policy that the entire Anthem must be played and decided to put the warning as it was only a clip..... Right.

angry.png Might as well watch Al-Jezerra

• Like 1

Why things went the way they did on Election Day.................

It was pointed out to me that on Election Day the Democrat vote started out with a pretty healthy lead - and then the Republicans got off work...

Via TheoSpark

• Like 1

Rant:

The only good thing is, probably very few people saw Katie's interview.

• Like 3

Rant:

The only good thing is, probably very few people saw Katie's interview.

Who? smile.png

• Like 1

The Week in Pictures: The Amnesty and the Ecstasy Edition

Steven Hayward

November 14, 2014

So, executive amnesty for illegal aliens next week, eh? And a veto of a Keystone pipeline, eh? Is Obama now trying to shoot the moon—become the most unpopular president ever? Is the bubble around the White House that bad, as Peggy Noonan suggests in her Saturday WSJ column? Starting to look like it. And oh goody—we’re going to regulate the Internet now—under a statute written in 1934. I’m sure Jonathan Gruber can come up with a good scheme we’ll all understand.

xTruck-copy.jpg,qresize=580,P2C382.pages

Truck seen leaving Washington last week.

xNet-Neutrality-copy.jpg,qresize=550,P2C

(Snip)

xGruber-copy.jpg,qresize=536,P2C377.page

xGruber-2-copy.jpg,qresize=536,P2C350.pa

(Snip)

xWelcome-Mat-copy.jpg,qresize=540,P2C356

xKing-of-Denial-copy.jpg,qresize=547,P2C

(Snip)

PC-Fascism-copy.jpg,qresize=480,P2C600.p

Bacon-Heaven-copy.jpg,qresize=580,P2C431

Looks like heaven to me.

I would just like to say Michelle is NOT pleased!

(Snip)

Mellon-Collie-copy.jpg,qresize=580,P2C58

(Snip)

And finally. . .

Western_Stana1.jpg,qresize=268,P2C464.pa