(Election Night Thread) Michael Barone's guide to election night 2014

Geee

Udall Is A Loser, But Has He Already Lost?

Steven Hayward

November 3, 2014

The numerologists who follow early voting are wondering whether Cory Gardner has already won the Colorado Senate election before any election day votes have been cast, because the large early voting totals appear to favor Republicans so heavily that it is unlikely Udall can overcome it tomorrow. Maybe, in which case we’ll continue to rethink how early voting affects campaigns, etc.

Meanwhile, if you needed any addition evidence of what a lightweight loser Udall is, take in a story from The Guardian (!) about how Udall was heckled today . . . by one of his own Democratic Party supporters:

(Snip)

An angry voice from the crowd jeered: “That’s not the only thing you stand for! Jesus Christ!”

Udall turned to a short, dark man on his left. The senator look genuinely stunned. “I’m sorry?”

“That’s not the only thing you stand for!” The heckler was Leo Beserra, a 73-year-old who made millions on Wall Street and, since the early 1990s, has shared a generous slice of that wealth with Colorado Democrats

(Snip)

(Snip)

That's got to leave a mark!

1.) A reassuring comment from @Valin's post:

Bonnie Droege Ramthun · Top Commenter · Erie, Colorado

I'm volunteering as a vote watcher in Boulder County. I believe the Democrats shot themselves in the foot with all mail-in ballots. All ballots have to be in an envelope and signed, and the signature has to be verified by two people, one Dem, one Rep. Plus the watcher, me, behind their shoulders. What does this mean? Operatives who might find discarded ballots and fill them out can't forge a signature that will pass. No one can fill out a dozen ballots somewhere and try to "stuff" them because the ballot boxes have to be filled with signed envelopes. Those who want same-day registration have to show up in the Clerk's office and fill out the ballot right there. And guess who's watching the office for busloads of illegals? Republican watchers like me. They're not committing fraud in Boulder County. I hope this day is a shock for Democrats, I really do. If it's not, and the Democrats win, it's time to move because Colorado is lost.

2.) I'm sorry you don't like the mail-in ballot, Sweet @pollyannaish. We've been doing the mail-in for about 10 years or more & really like it. No standing around in line, last minute, no stares, no catching something in line from sneezers & wheezers [or their kiddos doing the same]. Plenty of privacy & time to decide, to research, mark correctly & mail-in or drop off early. I actually deposited our ballots a week ago last Sunday, in the voter box at our Jefferson County courthouse....after going to Mass.

• Like 1

The Office of U.S. Representative Scott Rigell reported Tuesday morning they received numerous reports of poll machine irregularities at voting precincts in Virginia’s Second Congressional District, which encompasses Accomack and Northampton counties, Virginia Beach, and parts of Norfolk and Hampton.

Rigell’s office also released a video of the voting machine errors taken with a voter’s cell phone at Tallwood High School in Virginia Beach. The video shows the voter touching the ballot box for Rigell, but the other candidate’s name being checked.

LINK with video

• Like 1

@SrWoodchuck

I'm sorry you don't like the mail-in ballot,

I don't either. But then I would like it to be harder to vote not easier. Reregister every couple of years, that means going to a registers office in person and registering....Photo ID's it goes without saying...Election Day not election week...month. If I could I would like to see a test when you register...who is your state Rep/Sen.? Name one of the Amendments?,,,etc. I've about had it up to here with Low Information voters.

• Like 4

@SrWoodchuck

I don't either. But then I would like it to be harder to vote not easier. Reregister every couple of years, that means going to a registers office in person and registering....Photo ID's it goes without saying...Election Day not election week...month. If I could I would like to see a test when you register...who is your state Rep/Sen.? Name one of the Amendments?,,,etc. I've about had it up to here with Low Information voters.

@Valin! I understand your reasons....it's just that with old geezers like me....taking Lasix....I can't stand in line for hours nebisching with neighbors, and their sick kids. If I want a cold....I can visit my beloved grandkids, have them give me some kisses....and then cough/sneeze in my face. Thoughtful voting without a ticking time clock are more conducive to correct voting-IMO. It's not for everybody....but I think that the ones that cheat, will do so, anyway they can.

• Like 1

WestVirginiaRebel

The New York Times’ ‘Cancel the Midterms’ Rant Is a Call for Monarchy

At best, the proposal to “extend the term of House members to four years and adjust the term of senators to either four or eight years” would change the safety of incumbency by a few percentage points. And it would do nothing to curtail the legislative branch’s heretofore unnoticed power over the presidency, an office whose power has vastly expanded in the last century. The idea that too-frequent elections cause an excess of accountability is simply false.

Can you smell the desperation (among other things) coming from the Times?

@SrWoodchuck

Hopefully they don't think to combine Lotto machines and voting machines.... we are screwed then.

• Like 1

I have a question regarding the Fla. governors race. Charlie Crist! Ok, I understand people voting for democrats (I don't like it, but I get it), but Charlie Crist! He was the best the Fla. Dems could come up with? The man is a walking definition of everything wrong with politics. And he could win!!! wallbash.gif

If someone finds a site with real time results (mainly for Senate) please post.

I don't know if the W Times link I posted on pg 1 of this thread will have real time or not.

FYI

Join Us Tonight at Power Line Live

John Hinderaker

November 4, 2014

What better way to follow and comment on election results, to celebrate or commiserate as the case may be, than with lots of like-minded conservatives? Tonight, you can join us at Power Line Live. We have updated the software, and you now can follow individual topics (e.g., CO Senate-2014) as well as the main flow of chatter. That way, you can check on the status of key races and see what others are saying about them at your convenience. You can start your own topics, too.

You don’t have to wait until results start coming in, either. No doubt the crowd will begin to assemble well in advance. So join us at Power Line Live, log in and settle back for what should be an exciting evening.

xpowerline-live1.png,qresize=580,P2C199.

Fo

If someone finds a site with real time results (mainly for Senate) please post.

I don't know if the W Times link I posted on pg 1 of this thread will have real time or not.

Real Clear Politics

Fox also has some kind of link