IS THINKING OBSOLETE?

Geee

thinking-obsoleteAmerican Spectator:

Some have said that we are living in a post-industrial era, while others have said that we are living in a post-racial era. But growing evidence suggests that we are living in a post-thinking era.

Many people in Europe and the Western Hemisphere are staging angry protests against Israel’s military action in Gaza. One of the talking points against Israel is that far more Palestinian civilians have been killed by Israeli military attacks than the number of Israeli civilians killed by the Hamas rocket attacks on Israel that started this latest military conflict.

Are these protesters aware that vastly more German civilians were killed by American bombers attacking Nazi Germany during World War II than American civilians killed in the United States by Hitler’s forces?

Talk show host Geraldo Rivera says that there is no way Israel is winning the battle for world opinion. But Israel is trying to win the battle for survival, while surrounded by enemies. Might that not be more important?Scissors-32x32.png

@Geee

Thinking? What is that? huh.png

rolleyes.gif

Are these protesters aware that vastly more German civilians were killed by American bombers attacking Nazi Germany during World War II than American civilians killed in the United States by Hitler’s forces?

Either 1. they are not aware or 2. it doesn't matter. A good argument could be made for either.

@Geee

Either 1. they are not aware or 2. it doesn't matter. A good argument could be made for either.

Example.......

The Poisoned Lancet
The once-respected medical journal harbors anti-Israel extremists.
Dennis Prager
August 5, 2014

Two weeks ago, the British medical journal Lancet, considered to be one of the world’s leading medical publications, published “An open letter for the people in Gaza.” Signed by four European doctors on behalf of 20 others (17 from Italy and three from the UK), the letter had virtually nothing to do with medicine. Rather, it was a grotesque attack on Israel. Some excerpts:

“We ask our colleagues, old and young professionals, to denounce this Israeli aggression.”

“Israel’s behaviour has insulted our humanity, intelligence, and dignity as well as our professional ethics and efforts.”

(Snip)

“Among other lies, it is stated that civilians in Gaza are hostages of Hamas.”
(Snip)

The four signatories were Paola Manduca, professor at University of Genoa, Italy; Sir Iain Chalmers of the UK; Derek Summerfield of the London Institute of Psychiatry; and Mads Fredrik Gilbert, professor at University Hospital of North Norway.

Nowhere in Lancet is it noted that each of them has devoted much of his or her life to delegitimizing Israel.

(Snip)

angry.png I would really like to have a....chat with these........(expletive expletive expletive deleted ) scumbags.

Julius Streicher would be proud of Lancet

This reminds me of 'stars' sticking their noses in something that they know nothing about when they should stick to entertaining. What does this opinion of these doctors have to do with medicine?

This reminds me of 'stars' sticking their noses in something that they know nothing about when they should stick to entertaining. What does this opinion of these doctors have to do with medicine?

The thing is everyone has the right to express their opinion. That said, what gets me is people expressing their opinion when they are (apparently) ignorant on the subject (Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has got one....and most of them stink). You are entitled to your opinion, just as I am entitled to say it is stupid wrong. Too many people in entertainment don't seem to get this. It appears that they believe theirs is the only opinion that matters.

When actually MINE is the only one that matters! smile.png

• Like 1

Cyber_Liberty

@Geee

rolleyes.gif

That's the beauty of this...it doesn't matter which it is.

@Geee

rolleyes.gif

That's the beauty of this...it doesn't matter which it is.

Actually I think it does. Ignorance can be cured...with facts. Evil OTOH......?

• Like 1

Cyber_Liberty

I see your point. Yes, evil is worse, but at the end of the day the result's the same. We have a better chance of influencing the outcome, however, if it's just ignorance.

I see your point. Yes, evil is worse, but at the end of the day the result's the same. We have a better chance of influencing the outcome, however, if it's just ignorance.

Welcome to what I like to call The Real World. smile.png

Many of the Left really don't grasp 1. there is real Evil in this world 2. You can't negotiate with evil people, all you can do is...well kill them. 3. disagreement doesn't make you evil.