Baker Who Won’t Make Cakes for Same-Sex Weddings Appeals Mandatory Re-Education Order

Valin

baker-wont-make-cakes-sex-weddings-appeals-mandatory-re-education-orderDaily Signal:

Leslie Ford

July 31, 2014

Jack Phillips, the cake artist facing legal action and a ruling to re-educate his staff because he declined to design a wedding cake for a same-sex ceremony in 2012, has filed a notice of appeal with the Colorado Civil Rights Commission.

Phillips, owner of Masterpiece Cakeshop in Lakewood, Colo., said in his appeal he would be happy to provide other baked goods, but he could not design a wedding cake for them because of his beliefs about marriage.

In the appeal, Phillips says that he “declined [the same-sex couple’s] request, explaining that he would be happy to provide any other baked goods, but he could not design and create a wedding cake for them because of his beliefs about marriage.”

As he said at the time: “I don’t feel like I should participate in their wedding, and when I do a cake, I feel like I am participating in the ceremony or the event or the celebration that the cake is for.” In the same vein, Phillips does not design cakes for Halloween celebrations because he does believe he should participate in what he believes is a pagan holiday.

(Snip)

You know there used to be signs in business that said "We have the right to refuse service to anyone" Why can't business do that anymore?

You know there used to be signs in business that said "We have the right to refuse service to anyone" Why can't business do that anymore?

ohmy.pngWHAT! Someone might be offended...and we can't have that now can we?

• 3 months later...
I’m Finally Coming Out

By: Bethany (Diary) | November 18th, 2014 at 10:00 AM

After much deliberation, I’ve decided to come out with it.

I know this is something you, the readers, have been wondering about for a long while.

I’m a heterosexual. I’m straight.

Phew, glad that’s out of the way. It’s a stressful event, preparing to share your sexual orientation with the world.

I know, I know, I’m missing the press conference and hovering media presence demanding to know what motivated me to make such a bold step as announce my sexuality to the world.

Wait a second. How could I forget? Announcing that I’m straight doesn’t count as cause for celebration. Admiration and celebrity only come if I announce that I’m gay, right?

That’s the ridiculous trend our society continue to advance. From Michael Sam, the first openly gay NFL player, to Tim Cook, CEO of Apple and first openly gay Fortune 500 company CEO, and dozens Scissors-32x32.png

Frankly, I’m not even sure why this couple was so eager to give business to a man whose beliefs they consider so discriminatory. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.redstate.com/diary/nextgenerationvoters/2014/11/18/im-finally-coming-out/