Obama's presidential library raises $1.75m, has $498.25m to go

Geee

2550899Washington Examiner:

The nation's fundraiser-in-chief has so far collected just $1.75 million of the minimum $500 million needed to fund construction of his presidential library, according to a tiny list of donations published on the Barack Obama Foundation website.

While there are no worries he will succeed in his fundraising goal, the humble start could be a sign of the struggle his team is facing when competing for donors already being pressed to contribute to the 2014 midterm elections and awaiting Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign.

Fundraising for the Barack Obama Presidential Library has already suffered a funding setback, when the Illinois legislature withdrew a Democratic plan to cough up $100 million for the president's project. The move was tabled after Republicans said Democrats, resorting to “Chicago-style” politics, tried to push the measure through unfairly.

The budget for the library, expected to be in Chicago or Obama's home state of Hawaii, is about $500 million, but that could grow.Scissors-32x32.png

Cyber_Liberty

FTA:

For comparison, former President George W. Bush expected to raise and spend $300 million on his library, but collected over $500 million.

I'm sure Obama thinks Bush should be a good sport and give him the $200 million. We'll never hear about it, but I bet he'll ask.

FTA:

For comparison, former President George W. Bush expected to raise and spend $300 million on his library, but collected over $500 million.

I'm sure Obama thinks Bush should be a good sport and give him the $200 million. We'll never hear about it, but I bet he'll ask.

No, not because he's a good sport - I'm sure he would think that he OWES it to him!!!! Fairness ya' know!

clearvision

Chump change for the Clintons.... Although I guess they have a 2nd library to worry about.....

• Like 1