The Death Penalty, Abortion, and Morality

Draggingtree

Draggingtree
death-penaltyabortion-moralityRedState: The Death Penalty, Abortion, and Morality

By: davenj1 (Diary) | July 14th, 2014 at 02:53 AM

Every person is a product of their environment. If they are fortunate enough to be brought up in an intact family, that family and their beliefs form the basis of one’s beliefs. This writer was raised a Catholic and I confess that as I grow older, I am relying more that faith. Thus, I would say that I am likely a product of my Catholic upbringing to some degree.

But my Catholicism has not totally shaped my views on the subjects of abortion or the death penalty. The one thing I have realized as I have examined the issues from all sides and all viewpoints is that the Catholic Church is certainly principled if nothing else. Their unwavering opposition to abortion, euthanasia and the death penalty all have at their root the innate sanctity of human life whether it is unborn in the uterus, on its death bed, or one that committed a heinous crime for which they were sentenced to death.

Scissors-32x32.png

In 2008, there were 37 executions of guilty parties and in 2011 there were 43. From 2000 to 2010 there were 679 executions and 12.49 MILLION abortions performed. Scissors-32x32.png