Obama’s irresponsible taunt

Valin

obama-irresponsible-taunt-article-1.1854252NY Daily News:

'So sue me,' he dares

Jonathan Turley

Sunday, July 6, 2014

The unanimous decision of the Supreme Court late last month that President Obama violated the separation of powers in appointing officials is the type of decision that usually concentrates the mind of a chief executive. Obama, however, appeared to double down on his strategy — stating in a Rose Garden speech on Tuesday that he intended to expand, not reduce, his use of unilateral actions to circumvent Congress.

Summing up his position, the President threw down the gauntlet at Congress: “So sue me.”

(Snip)

The renewed promise to go it alone is a familiar refrain from this President. He even pledged to take unilateral action to circumvent Congress in front of both Houses, in his State of the Union address this year — to the curious delight of half of Congress, which applauded wildly at the notion of being made irrelevant.

(Snip)

Cyber_Liberty

He ignores the Congress, so I see no reason for him to suddenly develop respect for the Court...

He might take them seriously if the Army shows up at the door....

Draggingtree

He ignores the Congress, so I see no reason for him to suddenly develop respect for the Court...

Have you forgotten what I have said he's A Hole ohmy.png

• Like 1

Cyber_Liberty

Have you forgotten what I have said he's A Hole ohmy.png

Of course he is. We've known that about him since at least 2004. A decade of A Holiness.

• Like 1

Cyber_Liberty

FTA:

While Obama did not create the uber-presidency, he has pushed it to a new level of autonomy and authority. It is a model that Democrats may soon regret. Just as Obama has unilaterally rewritten federal laws and ordered the nonenforcement of others, the next President could use the same authority to gut environmental or employment discrimination laws. An uber-President is only liberating when he is your uber-President.

I disagree with Mr. Turley here because he assumes the media will stay on its back if the Republicans ever elect a President. When the GOPe gets the Presidency, that person will never get away with any of the crap Obama is pulling. That President will have an angry media tilting against him every step of the way. Obama has a lapdog media, and that's why he gets away with it.

No, Turley's precious job-killing environmental and discrimination laws are safe, he needn't worry.

FTA:

While Obama did not create the uber-presidency, he has pushed it to a new level of autonomy and authority. It is a model that Democrats may soon regret. Just as Obama has unilaterally rewritten federal laws and ordered the nonenforcement of others, the next President could use the same authority to gut environmental or employment discrimination laws. An uber-President is only liberating when he is your uber-President.

* I disagree with Mr. Turley here because he assumes the media will stay on its back if the Republicans ever elect a President. When the GOPe gets the Presidency, that person will never get away with any of the crap Obama is pulling. That President will have an angry media tilting against him every step of the way. Obama has a lapdog media, and that's why he gets away with it.

** No, Turley's precious job-killing environmental and discrimination laws are safe, he needn't worry.

* Alas I agree with you. The Good News Is the MSM no longer has a monopoly on news. That little silicon chip has changed everything.

** Short term...maybe. Long term....Trends that cannot continue......won't.