Welcome to the End of Doctor-Patient Confidentiality

Geee

welcome_to_the_end_of_doctorpatient_confidentiality_.htmlAmerican Thinker:

When the “Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act” passed, the end of doctor-patient confidentiality was predictable -- but we could not have expected it to happen this soon. ObamaCare, with the aid of hospitals, insurers, banks, and private data managers, is initiating a program to track store and credit card purchases to see if people are telling the truth about their lifestyle choices.

Some troubling realities have been revealed in a recent Bloomberg article.

First, the idea that the hospitals, at government direction, are doing it for our own good so it’s okay. It reminds me of Reagan’s most terrifying nine words in the English language, “I’m from the government, and I’m here to help.” There was a time when responsible journalists would not accept this so blindly.

Second, that the information retrieved without our knowledge or approval is subject to doctor-patient confidentiality. With ObamaCare it’s easy to assume that there is no such thing anymore. Now we have doctor-patient-government confidentiality -- and yes, “government confidentiality” is an oxymoron.

So let’s get one thing straight: With the federal government takeover of the health care industry under ObamaCare, today Doctor=Hospital=Insurance Company=Government. By virtue of controlling the purse strings, the first three are beholden to the fourth.Scissors-32x32.png