Coffee Shop

Rheo

What is a "husband"?

What is a "wife"?

A husband by definition is "a married man considered in relation to his wife" and "male head of a household’

A wife by definition is "a married woman considered in relation to her husband."

Now that the definition of marriage has been allowed to be changed. Don't we need new terms for the partners in said union. I mean it sounds kind of silly when I read statements like "Ellen DeGeneres and wife Portia De Rossi......".or "Jeffrey Pelletier and his husband Christopher Pasco.....and without disturbing their son K...."

I remember seeing in a restaurant 2 women who were lesbians and had adopted a little girl. She called one of them Big Momma and the other one just mom but in Spanish since she had been adopted from somewhere in S.A.. (Don't know if they were married or not. Snce this is NC they probably were not so poor little girl did not have a daddy. Only 2 moms a big one and a little one)

I think we should start a movement to just do away with all biased, bigoted unequal gender/sex identifying words - after all we are all just human mammals. We are all the same. Male/female, sperm/egg, XYchromosomes/XX/XXY. What difference does it make!!

Sweet @righteousmomma!

Did I miss a hidden sarcasm tag in there....somewhere?

We must know the correct definition/station/role of everyone we meet...or how can we remain politically correct?

In the case of Ellen & Jeff....they are using our common terms & definitions to describe their roles.....although it is more apt to think that they define their "roles" in terms of sexual position.....and they are using our own sex & gender bias to "do it." In the most hideous of LGBT nightmares....they use the most stereotypical white anglo-saxon sex position in the world, as their definition....the missionary. Husband on top & wife on the bottom. In their own parlance....one is a "Top" and the other is a "Bottom." Is it simpler to say....Doer & Doee?

I don't give a patoot about anyone doing what pleases them....as long as I don't have to genuflect to their choices. Keep it private & don't rub it in my face...is all I ask.

• Like 1

righteousmomma

What is a "husband"?

What is a "wife"?

A husband by definition is "a married man considered in relation to his wife" and "male head of a household’

A wife by definition is "a married woman considered in relation to her husband."

Now that the definition of marriage has been allowed to be changed. Don't we need new terms for the partners in said union. I mean it sounds kind of silly when I read statements like "Ellen DeGeneres and wife Portia De Rossi......".or "Jeffrey Pelletier and his husband Christopher Pasco.....and without disturbing their son K...."

I remember seeing in a restaurant 2 women who were lesbians and had adopted a little girl. She called one of them Big Momma and the other one just mom but in Spanish since she had been adopted from somewhere in S.A.. (Don't know if they were married or not. Snce this is NC they probably were not so poor little girl did not have a daddy. Only 2 moms a big one and a little one)

I think we should start a movement to just do away with all biased, bigoted unequal gender/sex identifying words - after all we are all just human mammals. We are all the same. Male/female, sperm/egg, XYchromosomes/XX/XXY. What difference does it make!!

:lol: Was that a rant, @righteousmomma?

Moi???

• Like 2

OK. Everyone control your tears....

It's the end of the road for Piers Morgan's CNN show, reports Politico and the New York Times.

Piers Morgan Live, which earned low ratings, could end as early as next month, though the former British tabloid editor may stay with the network in another role.

Morgan replaced Larry King in the coveted 9 p.m. slot three years ago.

LINK

• Like 2

It's the end of the road for Piers Morgan's CNN show, reports Politico and the New York Times.

Piers Morgan Live, which earned low ratings, could end as early as next month, though the former British tabloid editor may stay with the network in another role.

LINK

It doesn't make a bit of difference to me since I never watched him. Obviously enough other people thought the same.

• Like 2

LINK

I have never watched Piers Morgan other than a flash while channel surfing

cnn1_zps717eb4a7.jpg

Declares noted scientific authority Carol Costello on the current CNN home page.

Her impeccable and exhaustive scientific credentials are noted in her wikipedia writeup.

Costello is a graduate of Minerva High School in Minerva, Ohio, and Kent State University where she earned a B.A. in journalism. After attending Kent State University, Costello worked at Akron, Ohio's WAKR-TV as an award-winning police and court reporter.

• Like 2

'Piers Morgan Live' coming to an end, CNN says

2/24/14

LOS ANGELES CNN's prime-time talk show "Piers Morgan Live" is coming to an end, the news channel said Sunday.

Morgan, who succeeded Larry King in the 9 p.m. EST time slot three years ago, was drawing lackluster ratings. In contrast, King had a 25-year run on CNN.

The airdate for Morgan's last show has yet to be determined, CNN said in a statement.

(Snip)

sniff sniff I can't talk about this right now. The pain is still to fresh.

1st Keith Olbermann

Now Piers Morgan

Who's next?

cry2-male-cry-tears-smiley-emoticon-0002

There is an interesting article by Variety which gives some insight into CNNs possible future direction in filling the 9:00PM Piers Morgan slot.

It is filed under: Anderson Cooper, Anthony Bourdain, Bill Weir, CNN, Jeff Zucker, Piers Morgan, and Robert Redford.

(Somehow they forgot to include Jay Leno or Matt Lauer on the 'filed under' list--though they are briefly mentioned i the article. HAH, why on earth would Jay Leno want to be on CNN? I would turn over in my grave (after dieing of a stroke), if that ever happened.)

• Like 1

@NCTexan

She is fully credentialed: she covered the Casey Anthony trial and ran with the Olympic torch through the streets of Atlanta prior to the Atlanta AnOlympics.

Edit: found out she took an umbrella with her one time when the forecast called for no rain.

• Like 1

More than Undocumented Democrats.....or [via iOTW] car wash employees & welfare colonists coming over the border.

Via iOTW

• Like 1

Feds spending $175K to observe ‘swimming abilities’ of fish

They are worried that climate change may impact fishes ability to swim some how....

@clearvision

We use a technique similar to this below in order to bring the needed amount of fish to the dinner plates. Not much left to study afterwards.

http://www.fishchannel.com/images/fish-news/dynamite-fishing-indonesia4.jpg