Coffee Shop

Rheo

Matt Bevins is a RINO!

Reagan and ONeill both understood they needed to focus on what is in the best interest of the country, and of the people, and not specifically what my ideology or party are telling me to do, he said. Now in reality and now Im just being partisan here, but Im telling you when people focus on reality, and pragmatism, and when they focus on what is in the best interest of the country, they do move towards conservative thinking. Im biased, but Im telling you. Thats how Reagan got it done, because ONeill was smart enough to appreciate that Reagan was right. And he wasnt such a stubborn zealot that he wouldnt compromise on that.

I actually think Moo looks......so much better, after plastic surgery!

Is this the real reason she didn't come back home?

plasticsurgery.jpg

plasticsurgery.jpg

Oooo. Hadn't thought of that. Well, we shall see.

• Like 1

plasticsurgery.jpg

Oooo. Hadn't thought of that. Well, we shall see.

Could be worse she could be what we used to call a 2 bagger....I'm a bad man.

• Like 1

Jessie Vetter's Team USA goalie mask required to remove Constitution rendering

When Team USA women’s hockey goalie Jessie Vetter takes to the ice next month at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, her mask will be missing something.

Namely, the U.S. Constitution.

The International Olympic Committee, citing regulation, has required the 28-year-old goalie to remove an inscription bearing “We the People” on a custom mask made for her.

The mask’s artist, Ron Slater, told FoxNews.com that he believes the IOC sees it as “propaganda” promoting the United States over other countries – anathema to an event in which all athletes are regarded equally.

“It ruffles the wrong feathers, I guess,” said Slater, who also produces custom masks for NHL players. He said he and Vetter designed the mask – which was allowed to retain depictions of the Statue of Liberty, a screaming bald eagle and a “USA” shield – to show “figures that scream ‘America.’”

I'm sure there will be no other country specific "slogans" allowed....

Jessie Vetter's Team USA goalie mask required to remove Constitution rendering

When Team USA women’s hockey goalie Jessie Vetter takes to the ice next month at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, her mask will be missing something.

Namely, the U.S. Constitution.

The International Olympic Committee, citing regulation, has required the 28-year-old goalie to remove an inscription bearing “We the People” on a custom mask made for her.

The mask’s artist, Ron Slater, told FoxNews.com that he believes the IOC sees it as “propaganda” promoting the United States over other countries – anathema to an event in which all athletes are regarded equally.

“It ruffles the wrong feathers, I guess,” said Slater, who also produces custom masks for NHL players. He said he and Vetter designed the mask – which was allowed to retain depictions of the Statue of Liberty, a screaming bald eagle and a “USA” shield – to show “figures that scream ‘America.’”

I'm sure there will be no other country specific "slogans" allowed.

@clearvision

....but.....it's an old, outdated piece of parchment......made by crusty old white guys......

Uncommon courage....speaking against Common Core:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmLs-CuLhP0&feature=player_embedded

Via iOTW

More Here

Lamoreaux isn’t the first parent to go viral for standing up and speaking out against Common Core. Last fall, The Foundry wrote about a Maryland parent who was thrown out of a public forum held by the Maryland State Department of Education and arrested after he challenged the official line on Common Core. “Is this America?” he asked.

And

Common Core Standards’ Devastating Impact on Literary Study and Analytical Thinking

Sandra Stotsky

Since coming to office, the Obama Administration has been intent on standardizing what is taught at each grade level in all of the nation’s schools. It has used its flagship “Race to the Top” competitive grant program to entice states to adopt the K–12 standards developed by a joint project of the National Governors Association (NGA) and the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO). It has also suggested, in its 2009 Blueprint for Education Reform, that adoption of these common standards could one day be a qualification for states wanting future Title 1 dollars for low-income schools.

Parents, teachers, and education leaders along the political spectrum are increasingly raising questions about the constitutionality and transparency of this joint project, called the Common Core State Standards Initiative (CCSSI). They are also expressing concern about the high cost of implementing the standards and the national tests that will be based on them, as well as the potential loss of local control of curriculum and instruction.

(Snip)

• Like 1

Holder Warns Teachers against Disciplining Blacks & other Minorities http://lastresistance.com/4410/holder-warns-teachers-disciplining-blacks-minorities/

race_card_democrats.jpg#race%20card

eric-holder-11-4-10.jpg

A number of parents and others have been concerned about the zero tolerance rules in many schools. Rigid zero tolerance policies have resulted in numerous suspensions for totally innocent things that should never have been punished. Ludicrous examples include:

Suspension of 6th grader for telling his friends on the school that he wished he had a gun to protect the students from harm.

Suspension of two 7 year olds for playing with their pencils, pretending they were guns and shooting at each other.

High school senior suspended and charged with felony weapons on campus because of a fish cleaning knife in his tackle box he had in his truck to go fishing right after school.

High school senior suspended for 5 games and her position as captain of the school’s varsity volleyball team because she answered the call of a drunk friend and gave her a safe ride home.

Suspension of a 6 year old for pointing his finger at another student and saying ‘pow’.

Scissors-32x32.png

But don’t worry; US Attorney General has sent a warning to teachers and administrators about abusing zero tolerance policies and punishing blacks and other minorities. In a speech he gave in Baltimore, Holder said:

“Alarming numbers of young people are suspended, expelled or even arrested for relatively minor transgressions like school uniform violations, schoolyard fights or showing ‘disrespect’ by laughing in class.”

Last week, Holder and Education secretary Arne Duncan released a set of new federal guidelines in which they urge school districts to adopt new disciplinary policies that are more fair, nondiscriminatory and effective.

Scissors-32x32.png

The letter they sent out to school officials nationwide included the following warning:

“As part of this commitment, we will enforce Federal laws to eliminate unlawful racial discrimination in school discipline.”

Scissors-32x32.png

Anyone think is going to turn out OK?

Will minorities now be learnin'.....much like St. Skittles....how not to be a pain in the butt?

Via LastResistance

I swear Americans have gone completely nuts on the subject of food.

2 points

1. Children learn what to eat from their parents! ohmy.png I am shocked to learn this!!!

(We didn't have pop or chips when I was growing up, even to this day I don't have them in my house)

2. What does it say about America when obesity is a "major" problem with "the poor"?

• Like 1

The Week in Pictures: Aging Boomers Edition
Steven Hayward

News yesterday was that Michelle Obama had received her AARP (Angry Advocates for Rapacious Pensioners) membership card in the mail, and I had a momentary flash of hope that the Obamas might be considering early retirement. Nope: she turned 50, and the White House is throwing a big birthday party for her. Now is Michelle a “baby boomer”? The demographic cutoff has always struck me as somewhat arbitrary, but given the Millennialism of the Obamas’ worldview, it’s very tempting to kick them out regardless of the guidelines, and leave us baby boomers alone to our patented brand of self-indulgence. Then, too, I came across the photo below of what MacGyver looks like today; not even Patti and Selma would swoon over him any more.

484x600xOld-Boomers-copy-484x600.jpg.pag

(Snip)

315x476xMacGyver-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.u
How MacGyver has fallen. . .

464x374xGilligans-Ice-copy.jpg.pagespeed
With fond memories of Russell Johnson…and the rest.

486x600xMiley-Cyrus-copy-486x600.jpg.pag

(Snip)

406x315xBreakfast-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.

580x569xGay-Pot-copy-600x589.jpg.pagespe

(Snip)

598x497xObama-Christie-Blame-copy.jpg.pa

(Snip)

418x424xObama-v-Founders-copy.jpg.pagesp

(Snip)

362x450xLiberal-Quaranteen-copy.jpg.page

(Snip)

550x600xVote-Odin-copy-550x600.jpg.pages

405x600xHot-104-copy-405x600.jpg.pagespe

Nice Bike! smile.png

• Like 1

2 points1. Children learn what to eat from their parents! :o I am shocked to learn this!!!(We didn't have pop or chips when I was growing up, even to this day I don't have them in my house)2. What does it say about America when obesity is a "major" problem with "the poor"?
Exactly. And you know what really irritates me? People haven't figured out that when the government gives you stuff they feel entitled to tell you what you get to have. Why didn't people look at the obvious evidence from the welfare system and realize what was going to happen in the healthcare system?! Hello!

2 points1. Children learn what to eat from their parents! ohmy.png I am shocked to learn this!!!(We didn't have pop or chips when I was growing up, even to this day I don't have them in my house)2. What does it say about America when obesity is a "major" problem with "the poor"?
Exactly. And you know what really irritates me? People haven't figured out that when the government gives you stuff they feel entitled to tell you what you get to have. Why didn't people look at the obvious evidence from the welfare system and realize what was going to happen in the healthcare system?! Hello!

They don't care. They just want what they think is going to be free stuff.