Coffee Shop

Rheo

In their own words: Video targets 27 Dems who echoed Obamacare 'promise'

The blatant racism/sexism/speicism in this video should be obvious to everyone.

Couldn't take it - had to switch to NCIS reruns.

Reminds me of a funny comment we saw on "The Closer" this morning.

In this episode, Deputy Chief Brenda Johnson (Kyra Sedgwick) had her (conservative) parents in town. Her father was complaining that they were going to be stuck in front of the TV all day and he couldn't operate the remote control.

Her mother said, "Be quiet or I put it on C-SPAN and leave it." That shut him up.

• Like 2

Thanks @Valin. That I could stomach. Seeing who most of the recipients were, I am double happy that I didn't waste my time.

For the most part, I was less than impressed.

Caleb-Laieski-Obama.jpg

Caleb Laieski (right) with President Barack Obama at the White House pride reception in 2011.

Anti-bullying activist indicted in sex abuse

Dustin Gardiner

Tue Nov 19, 2013

An activist who gained national attention for his efforts to stop bullying against gay teens in the Phoenix area has been indicted on 13 charges of sex crimes with a minor.

Caleb Michael Laieski is accused of sexual conduct with a boy under age 15, a felony crime classified as a dangerous crime against children. Laieski was apparently a minor at the time of the alleged incident but is facing charges because of the younger boys age.

Laieski has pleaded not guilty. His attorney, Cary Lackey, said Laieski and the other boy were in fact the underage victims of a Phoenix police officer.

(Snip)

16 People On Things They Couldnt Believe About America Until They Moved Here

A lot of people around the world have ideas of what America is like, possibly thanks to Hollywood, or their local news channels, and maybe from what theyve heard from families and friends. But then, they came here, to the grand old United States and their minds exploded.

1. Rakib Islam

I am originally from Bangladesh and here are a few things that I find hard to explain to peeps back home.

Fruits and vegetables are way more expensive than meat and poultry.

(Snip)

2. Triya Bhattacharya

Okay, so I know that theres loads of answers here, and I couldnt read all of them, so Id probably be repeating some points. Ill mention that Im from India and that Im writing from an Indian point of view, and what struck me as unusual based on what notions Id built up after watching so much Hollywood and TV series.

Cashless Society Coming from India, where we just need cash because cards are not accepted at most places, I was really surprised by the cashless system in the US. Every place accepts credit cards. Even a small picnic I went to, which had an entry fee, had some sort of mobile app and a device attached to accept credit cards. It was amazing.

(Snip)

Cashiers talking to you Every cashier will greet you with How are you today? You find everything okay? with a smile, and youre quite thrown off the first few times. Also, I had this really great cashier at Harris Teeter give me discounts because I always checked out at his counter smile.png Really nice people! In general also, people were extremely polite, and many just complimented you too!

(Snip)

4. Natalia Rekhter

Im from Russia. Below are a few things I almost always have to explain or discuss with visitors from Russia.

Why individual houses are so large? We always get into discussion that house is not just a shelter, but also a manifestation of ones financial achievements.

Philanthropy. There is no culture of philanthropy in Russia and many view American philanthropy either as a waste of money or as some intricate plot to get some additional benefits.

(Snip)

Obama awards Medal of Freedom to 16 today...

Warning... Invokes strong gag reflex.

NewYorkDailyNews

Couldn't take it - had to switch to NCIS reruns.

I was in the car listening to Fox on Sirius. Couldn't take it either. Switched to the local PBS classical music station which was having a fund raiser. That was better!

I was in the car listening to Fox on Sirius. Couldn't take it either. Switched to the local PBS classical music station which was having a fund raiser. That was better!

PBS having a fund raiser! That hardly ever happens. rolleyes.gif

I know, and they're boring, and go on for days, and each plea takes forever. But it was better than the alternative, i.e. Fox News and listening to the president talk as though he was getting the Medal of Freedom. It was too early for Rush. Of course, I could have turned off the radio, but then I would have had to think about stuff.

• Like 1

I know, and they're boring, and go on for days, and each plea takes forever. But it was better than the alternative, i.e. Fox News and listening to the president talk as though he was getting the Medal of Freedom. It was too early for Rush. Of course, I could have turned off the radio, but then I would have had to think about stuff.

That thinking...get you in trouble every time.

mag_force.jpg

A Mans got to know his limitations Harry Callahan

That's why I always say No.

• Like 2

Heartwarming moment a father-of-four who lost his home was reunited with beloved family dog after digging for 30 hours in tornado rubble

A married father-of-four emerged from his tornado shelter on Sunday and was able to count his blessings that his family had survived - but there was still someone special missing.

Jonathan Byler Dann stood amid the rubble of his home in Washington, Illinois and looked desperately for the family's beloved dog Maggie.

Their pet, who has been with the family since she was four months and is now 11 years old, had refused to leave her kennel as the EF4 tornado barreled towards them on Sunday.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2510283/Man-reunited-dog-amid-Washington-Illinois-tornado-rubble.html

• Like 2