Coffee Shop

Rheo

nickydog

Perhaps a silly question.

Are the Air Force cheerleaders actual cadets or volunteers from the community?

The game, if it isn't on in your area:

http://www.stream2watch.me/football/air-force-vs-navy-live-stream

They are actual cadets. The same is true with all the service academies. The game was on in our area. I'm glad it's over. *sigh*

Thanks. And, can't win them all. sad.png

And now, a word from Jim Hoft

Ed Morrissey

October 4, 2013

Actually, quite a few of them — including an opening from Psalm 23. Our good friend Jim is back at Gateway Pundit and relates how he very nearly died, but survived through prayer, faith, and excellent medicare care when he needed it most. That, and the love and care of friends and family:

Do yourself a favor.

The Week in Pictures: Govt Shutdown Edition

Steven Hayward

10/5/13

As observed here a few days ago, with roughly 80 percent of the government still open, quite plainly the GOP has failed to the extent that they havent shut down government enough. Still, to the extent that Democrats, as the Party of Government, need government to be up and running fully to serve their client groups, if the GOP keeps its nerve it may well find the scales tipping in their favor over the coming days. After all, we can see how Democrats have been chafing under the sequester. What we have going on right now is the super-sequester. Hmmm. Stay tuned. Meanwhile

580x430xNon-Essential-copy-600x445.jpg.p

(Snip)

580x433xNo-Government-copy-600x448.jpg.p

(Snip)

364x269xLeno-Debt-Ceiling-copy.jpg.pages

(Snip)

489x370xApplecare-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.

(Snip)

402x402xChicagoan-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.

(snip)

251x374xBeef-Bacon-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic

(Snip)

580x466xTV-Progress-copy-600x483.jpg.pag

426x284xHot-65-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Y8g

• Like 2

Taliban Charge Rapper Chris Brown With Stolen Valor

http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/11/taliban-charge-rapper-chris-brown-with-stolen-valor/

1101-chris-brown-x17-3-2.jpeg

KABUL, AFGHANISTAN — Taliban lawyers have filed formal charges against pop singer Chris Brown for “falsely representing himself as a Taliban terrorist,” according to court documents obtained by The Duffel Blog today.

The charges were filed in the Taliban Court of Beheadings, Stonings, and Justice in Waziristan on Thursday, in response to pictures circulating on the internet of Brown dressed as a terrorist for Halloween.

“How can Mr. Brown lay claim to being a terrorist?” said Taliban spokesperson Ahmad Gul Abjamen. “His beard–it is not befitting of a dog. Even my boy servant’s beard is mightier than his.”

Taliban elders passed the so-called “Terrorist Stolen Valor” act in 2005, making it illegal for people to claim Taliban status, decorations, or awards they haven’t earned. Since then, over forty people have been arrested for violating the law.

Most notably, in 2009 a Kandahar man was arrested for drawing a picture of himself on a cave wall having sex with a goat reserved for Taliban VIPs.

“We struggle daily in the fight against the infidels, yet we must also endure these fakers attempting to steal our glory,” Gul Abjamen said. “Brown would not last even a single day in Basic Terrorist Training. You cannot imagine how many monkey bars I had to traverse before I was allowed to wear the turban, and Mr. Brown simply purchases one at the Terrorist Surplus Store and feels entitled to wear it.”

Scissors-32x32.png

Via TheoSpark

Chris Brown "costume" ..... @SrWoodchuck

Today on the radio they were saying the most popular costume this year is Mylie Cryus,,,,, I'm thinking to myself no $^%t, spend no money for wearing nothing.

• Like 1

Chris Brown "costume" ..... @SrWoodchuck

Today on the radio they were saying the most popular costume this year is Mylie Cryus,,,,, I'm thinking to myself no $^%t, spend no money for wearing nothing.

@clearvision

20# sledge sucker & straddling a single lead ball? Since her fiance dumped her for a classier wench, the tatted tart has gone bananas......excuse me.....she's having a period of readjustment that has increased her creativity & released her inner......uh......slut?

#ThingsObamaWillNegotiate

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23ThingsObamaWillNegotiate&src=hash

Drone Bait ‏@BigRMV 4m
How many jobs lost equal "A net increase in jobs" this month. #ThingsObamaWillNegotiate

Drone Bait ‏@BigRMV 6m
Whether or not a New Party Candidate can be listed as a Democrat on the ballot in ChiTown

Dangerous Jason ‏@EmperorJayLay7 7m

Making Dennis Rodman Secretary of State.

B'Claw Unfettered ‏@2009superglide 7m
Who gets to hold his Putter

Jonathan McCracken ‏@robbiehart21 7m
How many games of Spades to play

Drone Bait ‏@BigRMV 7m
The type of beer to be used at his police-bashing beer summits.

Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 3

Bush had higher approval rating than Obama at this point in his presidency

President George W. Bush held a higher approval rating in October of his fifth year in office than President Obama.

Obama’s approval rating stands at 37 percent with a 53 percent disapproval rating, according to an Associated Press/GfK poll released Wednesday October 9.

At the same point in the first year of his second term, Bush held a higher approval rating even as he battled criticisms of his handling of weeks-old Hurricane Katrina.

Scissors-32x32.png

biggrin.png

• Like 2

The CNN headlines and articles make my head explode.

They are nothing more than another remote control White House mouthpiece.

Check out how this one reads.... "Cool Hand Luke Obama is "pleased" that cooler GOP heads prevailed (versus the normal crazed and reactionary conservative extremists)."

Snap4_zpsfb038250.jpg

BBC:

_70390371_70390177.jpg
Professor Giovanna Mallucci says the hope is to arrest the process of brain cell death

Alzheimer’s breakthrough hailed as ‘turning point’

The discovery of the first chemical to prevent the death of brain tissue in a neurodegenerative disease has been hailed as the “turning point” in the fight against Alzheimer’s disease.

More work is needed to develop a drug that could be taken by patients. But scientists say a resulting medicine could treat Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Huntington’s and other diseases.

In tests on mice the Medical Research Council showed all brain cell death from prion disease coul be prevented. Prof Roger Morris, from King’s College London, said: “this finding, I suspect, will be judged by history as a turning point in the search for medicines to control and prevent Alzheimer’s disease.”

He told the BBC a cure for Alzheimer’s was not imminent but: “I’m very excited, it’s the first proof in any living animal that you can delay neurodegeneration. The world wont change tomorrow, but this is a landmark study.”

Scissors-32x32.png

Is there hope for those of us nearing the brain cell death issue? Probably not, but perhaps our children or grandchildren will benefit.

• Like 1

Al Jazeera America: and the Associated Press

Report blasts US press freedom
October 10, 2013 11:33AM ET

Unprecedented report says Obama administration's tactics have brought 'chilling effect' on journalism

58ebe153-c5bf-443a-b2e9-8ca51331681b.jpg

President Barack Obama at a White House press conference on Tuesday. | Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images

For the first time in its 32-year history, the Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) has published a report investigating press freedom in the United States. Published Thursday, the report follows an unprecedented number of prosecutions of government sources and seizures of journalists' records under the Obama administration that many contend have curtailed press freedom and government transparency.

Leonard Downie Jr., a former executive editor of The Washington Post, wrote the 30-page analysis, titled "The Obama Administration and the Press." The report notes that President Barack Obama came into office pledging an open, transparent government after criticizing the Bush administration's secrecy, but that his administration has curbed even "routine disclosure of information" and deployed its own media operations "to evade scrutiny by the press."

"When I'm asked what is the most manipulative and secretive administration I've covered, I always say it's the one in office now," CBS News anchor Bob Schieffer told Downie. "Every administration learns from the previous administration. They become more secretive and put tighter clamps on information. This administration exercises more control than George W. Bush's did."

The report also found that the Sept. 11 attacks were a "watershed moment," leading to increased secrecy, surveillance and control of information.

Scissors-32x32.png

I cannot believe the Bob Schieffer quote.

• Like 2

Al Jazeera America: and the Associated Press

Report blasts US press freedom

October 10, 2013 11:33AM ET

Unprecedented report says Obama administration's tactics have brought 'chilling effect' on journalism

58ebe153-c5bf-443a-b2e9-8ca51331681b.jpg

President Barack Obama at a White House press conference on Tuesday. | Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images

For the first time in its 32-year history, the Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) has published a report investigating press freedom in the United States. Published Thursday, the report follows an unprecedented number of prosecutions of government sources and seizures of journalists' records under the Obama administration that many contend have curtailed press freedom and government transparency.

Leonard Downie Jr., a former executive editor of The Washington Post, wrote the 30-page analysis, titled "The Obama Administration and the Press." The report notes that President Barack Obama came into office pledging an open, transparent government after criticizing the Bush administration's secrecy, but that his administration has curbed even "routine disclosure of information" and deployed its own media operations "to evade scrutiny by the press."

"When I'm asked what is the most manipulative and secretive administration I've covered, I always say it's the one in office now," CBS News anchor Bob Schieffer told Downie. "Every administration learns from the previous administration. They become more secretive and put tighter clamps on information. This administration exercises more control than George W. Bush's did."

The report also found that the Sept. 11 attacks were a "watershed moment," leading to increased secrecy, surveillance and control of information.

Scissors-32x32.png

I cannot believe the Bob Schieffer quote.

More Here

• Like 2