Having The Baby Instead of Aborting

Valin

Having-The-Baby-Instead-of-AbortingRicochet:

Lynn Bateman

1/21/13

With all the arguments in the news these days, here's my $.02 on the subject.

After mother died, my father married my wicked stepmother and she had the locks changed on our house so that I couldn't get in unless she was at home. After her rebuke I moved out rather than disturb my Dad's new bride. My education wasn't finished and my new secretary job allowed only a one-room. third-floor walk-up studio apartment. When my brother witnessed my stepmother closing the door in my face on Thanksgiving, he and his wife invited me to live with them in Connecticut. They had three little children and the plan was for me to help out with the kids; get a job; and contribute to household chores and expenses.

Because my sister-in-law thought that the boy a few doors down was 'cute', she invited him to come and help me babysit on New Year's Eve. He brought liquor and champagne, so we got drunk and I got pregnant.

After three months when it became apparent that I was getting 'puffy', I decided to get an abortion. I really didn't understand abortion and in those days before ultrasound, people said the fetus was just a 'blob of tissue'. One of my co-workers put me in touch with a local doc known for abortion and his receptionist gave me an appointment, stressing that I would need to bring $500. In cash.

At a bus stop on the way to the abortionist, there was a sign for an OB/Gyn and since pregnancy hadn't been diagnosed, I went in and the doctor examined me. He confirmed my pregnancy, guessing it was a New Year's Eve conception, and told me that my baby was due at the end of September. The doctor, with an Italian name, started telling me about pre-natal vitamins and exercise and I stopped his instruction, telling him I was on my way to the abortuary. Becoming very distressed, the doctor emphatically told me that abortion 'is murder!' ''Don't do it", he warned. "You'll regret the rest of your life. Go and see this lady and she'll take care of you." He handed me his business card with a phone number and address on the back.

(Snip)

• Like 1

That was great @Valin. Thank you. Something uplifting for a changesmile.png

Edited to add: Especially today!!!!

Yup!

The next 4 years are going to be one huge teachable moment...if we can take advantage of it.

The Unmet

Katrina Trinko

1/22/13

In one of the old Sherlock Holmes yarns, there is a dialogue where Holmes tells a Scotland Yard inspector that he should be aware of “the curious incident of the dog in the night-time.”

“The dog did nothing in the night-time,” responds the inspector. “That,” rejoins Holmes, “was the curious incident.”

It’s natural to focus on events that have happened instead of those that haven’t, and on people we have interacted with as opposed to those we’ve never met. But today it seems worth reflecting on some of those people we haven’t met: the 54 million who have died in abortions in the past four decades.

It’s hard to mourn them because we know virtually nothing about them, except they once existed........

(Snip)

• Like 1

Kathy Yakaitis@kathyyak

I'm in awe of how many RT's this is getting. God Bless You, Patriots!pic.twitter.com/KMXhbQ4s

BBLwV9PCcAIRPIN.jpg

The Pro-Death crowd would find this offensive. They don't want to see the results of their worldview.

Kathy Yakaitis@kathyyak

I'm in awe of how many RT's this is getting. God Bless You, Patriots!pic.twitter.com/KMXhbQ4s

BBLwV9PCcAIRPIN.jpg

The Pro-Death crowd would find this offensive. They don't want to see the results of their worldview.

-------------------------

Roe v. Wade Conference: Women Share Graphic Stories About Abortion’s Toll on Their Lives

January 22, 2013

http://cnsnews.com/n...oll-their-lives

Kathy Yakaitis@kathyyak

BBLwV9PCcAIRPIN.jpg

Kathy Yakaitis@kathyyak

BBLwV9PCcAIRPIN.jpg

-------------------------

Roe v. Wade Conference: Women Share Graphic Stories About Abortion’s Toll on Their Lives

January 22, 2013

http://cnsnews.com/n...oll-their-lives

You Tube Playlist: Human rights for all humans!

SilentNoMore AwarenessCampaign

Not that the Pro Death Crowd will listen.

Retropundit: REPRESS PRODUCTION OF UNDESIRABLES: Cornell professor on “repressive eugenics”

Posted on January 21, 1913

Cornell economics professor Walter F. Willcox is a leading authority on the science of eugenics. Last year he spoke on its rooting in statistics, a subject also recently addressed by Dr. Charles B. Davenport of the Carnegie Institution. Last night he spoke on its purpose and methods.

The purpose of eugenics, Dr. Willcox explained, is “to do for our highly civilized existence what natural selection does for plants, animals and savages. That is, it seeks to perpetrate only the best elements in society and to destroy the worst.” One wonders whether there is anyone in Europe who might be agreeable to such an approach.

The “repressive” branch of eugenics, he elaborated, has “accomplished tangible results,” through legislation, in three areas: (1) the “almost universal . . . compulsory confinement of feeble-minded persons”; (2) mandatory sterilization of criminals; and (3) the requirement of a health certificate as a prerequisite to marriage.

The “constructive” branch of eugenics, he said, “is infinitely more complicated”:

(Snip)

Salon: Abortion’s Totally Fine Even if Fetus is A ‘Human Life’

Katrina Trinko

1/23/13

Believe a fetus is a life and still want to have an abortion? Go for it, writes Mary Elizabeth Williams in a Salon essay today[/url[:

By this same logic, isn’t infanticide also fine and dandy? After all, if we’re talking about autonomy, kids aren’t exactly independent as soon as they are born. No infant can take care of themselves. And even later on in childhood, children rely heavily on the adults in their life to provide shelter, food, and emotional support. What about kids and adults who become disabled in life? What about quadriplegics? They’re not going to be able to take care of themselves. Is it okay if we just off the lot of them? Heck, what about needy friends who seem to be falling apart unless we talk to them regularly, console them their stress? Okay to just shoot a couple of them so that we don’t have the burden? Should we ship the grandparents that spent all their money and are now financially dependent on us to the local executor?

(Snip)

From The Salon Article.

Me..Me..Me..Me