The ‘Tom Thumb’ Presidency

Geee

the-tom-thumb-presidencyPJMedia:

It seems impossible, but Barack Obama has taken the most powerful office on the planet and reduced it to the size of a patent clerk’s sinecure. And while Einstein may have made his most important contributions to science while whiling away the drudgery in a tiny Swiss patent examination office, the president has made an art form of talking big and acting small — so small that insignificance has become the new normal at the White House.

The president’s “executive actions” on curbing gun violence are so vanilla and pedestrian that the reactions from Republicans — impeachment, arrest for federal agents sent to enforce the regulations, even civil war — smack of hysteria. One congressman, Representative Dan Benishek of Michigan, said in a Twitter message: “Let me be clear, I will fight any efforts to take our guns. Not on my watch.”

Very heroic but hardly relevant. No one has proposed taking anyone’s guns. In fact, even the ban on “assault weapons” (if everyone could ever agree on what they are) doesn’t propose any such dramatics. And even Harry Reid is dubious a ban could clear the Democrat-controlled Senate.

So what is all the hubbub about? Our liberties are threatened because of proposals like this?

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

They are already required to do so, but I guess you could stretch the point and make it an impeachable offense to issue a presidential memorandum.

And this is supposed to be the equivalent of firing on Fort Sumter?Scissors-32x32.png

Beware the prick that inoculates against tyranny. He has gauged the response, and now his minions are devising new avenues of attack. I have no trust at all that Obysmal & ilk are playing games.....