'Are You Going to Keep It?': Getting Abortion on the Table

Geee

are_you_going_to_keep_it_getting_abortion_on_the_table.htmlAmerican Spectator:

"Are you planning on keeping it?" This question was posed recently to a married woman by her doctor. Posting by blog, she commented: "No congrats. No 'how do you feel about this?' Nope. Just asked if I was keeping 'it[.]' ... You'd think the goofy grin on my face would have given away that this was a happy thing."

The unwanted assumptions must be fully unpacked to appreciate how such language shapes our culture's attitudes. Why is it deemed acceptable to insinuate abortion into pregnancy?

The offhand nature of this question -- "Are you keeping it?" -- turns abortion into a pregnancy option rather than an "emergency" practice. Meanwhile, some supporters of abortion argue that a lack of legal abortion rendered harm to women who sought black-market alternatives, therefore abortion should be "kept safe." But the reality is that abortion is never safe -- women experience complications, the abortion can fail, women can develop problems such as PTSD and others, and of course, a child is killed. The fact that healthy married women are now asked if they are keeping their children shows that the abortion industry has far outgrown performing abortions only when a woman's life is in jeopardy.Scissors-32x32.png

@Geee

Nonetheless, proponents of abortion now repudiate any sense that abortion is wrong. Americans, however, continue to express concern about abortion on demand. Real dialogue, rather than political rants, needs to occur, given the complexity of such issues surrounding abortion.

What is this word Wrong, that the writers speak of?

The fact that healthy married women are now asked if they are keeping their children shows that the abortion industry has far outgrown performing abortions only when a woman's life is in jeopardy.

Yes. I read that Planned Barrenhood was fighting a state law somewhere....outlawing abortion due to gender selection. Ironic that the loudest voices against the "war on women" are agitating for death of unborn human females. This casual disrespect for life, has to be a morbid milepost in the end times of our great Republic.

Slavery = Racist.

Murder of Living Unborn Humans = Choice of ME / MINE / MY Lifestyle.

The fact that healthy married women are now asked if they are keeping their children shows that the abortion industry has far outgrown performing abortions only when a woman's life is in jeopardy.

Yes. I read that Planned Barrenhood was fighting a state law somewhere....outlawing abortion due to gender selection. Ironic that the loudest voices against the "war on women" are agitating for death of unborn human females. This casual disrespect for life, has to be a morbid milepost in the end times of our great Republic.

Slavery = Racist.

Murder of Living Unborn Humans = Choice of ME / MINE / MY Lifestyle.

I recall as a very person someone (a WWII vet) talking about how the Japanese didn't value life the way we did. That life was cheap to them. Today we know how much value PP puts on a life $300.00, unless you have a coupon.

• Like 1