2012 Presidential Election part 6

Valin

Obama’s Aura Of Defeat

October 25, 2012 | Filed under 2012 Presidential Race,Barack Obama | Posted by Doug Johnson

obama-stern.jpg

Photo: WhiteHouse.gov

Well I’ve found my favorite paragraph of the week, in The New York Times of all places (granted it’s on one of their blogs), penned by Ross Douthat.

Losing campaigns have a certain feel to them: They go negative hard, try out new messaging very late in the game, hype issues that only their core supporters are focused on, and try to turn non-gaffes and minor slip-ups by their opponents into massive, election-turning scandals. Think of
Scissors-32x32.png

Re Rush That was an interesting series of callers and comments, #Rheo

I didn't hear the callers, just Rush talking. My commute wasn't that long. ha

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel has opted Not to endorse either candidate..............endorsed Obama in 2008.

Interesting.

@mozartlover

what wusses, trying not to irritate either subscriber

They did endorse Walker for governor and caught hell for it. I think this is their tacit way of saying they endorse Romney, but they are too chicken to come right out & say it.

This is BTW a normally very left-leaning rag....

• Like 2

Power Line: What’s Happening In Ohio

John Hinderaker

10/25/12

All eyes are on Ohio, which Obama probably needs to win to have a chance of re-election. Currently most of the polls show Ohio a dead heat. Today the Romney campaign sent out this memo on the current state of play in the Buckeye State:

(Snip)

603x438xEarlyVoting058.jpg.pagespeed.ic.XoTON52P5I.jpg

It’s an interesting point. Apparently the campaigns are following different strategies with regard to early voting. The Obama campaign is concentrating on getting its most reliable voters to cast their ballots early, while the Romney campaign is focused on identifying supporters who are less certain to vote, and getting them to the polls early.

Given that Romney’s debate bounce has now leveled off, it seems likely that Ohio, like a number of other states, will be too close to call right up to Election Day. The key indicator to watch for is whether Romney maintains his lead among independent voters.

What do you think of this one?

This is what I think of it:

censored.gifcensored.gifcensored.gif

and a dash of nausea

Edited by mozartlover

What do you think of this one?

This is what I think of it:

censored.gifcensored.gifcensored.gif

and a dash of nausea

I'll triple ditto that

xpol1273.gif

• Like 3

Ugly: Liberals Turn to Dirty Tricks, Violence as Election Approaches

Guy Benson

10/25/12

Cast your mind back to the rise of the Tea Party, when any liberal within shouting distance of a microphone conspicuously opined about the very worrisome violent undertones of the movement. After Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was shot by an apolitical madman, the Left instantly blamed conservative speech and delivered bad-faith lectures about the importance of "civility." And as Republicans (and some Democrats) have pushed common-sense voter identification laws to ensure the integrity of our electoral system, so-called progressives have furiously denounced their opponents' alleged "voter suppression" efforts. With all of that in mind, how are some liberals behaving in the run up to election day 2012? In Wisconsin, Walker derangement syndrome continues to metastasize. An openly gay Republican volunteer was sent to the hospital by a deranged Leftist who labeled him a "traitor:"

(Snip)

Also in Badgerland, the son of a Republican State Senator was badly beaten when he attempted to stop vandals from stealing his Romney/Ryan yard sign:

(Snip)

SeanKedzieOct.23rd1.jpg

In Virginia, a Romney supporter watched in horror as an unidentified perpetrator literally torched her yard sign

(Snip)

FBI launches investigation into fraudulent Florida voter letters

Michael Van Sickler, Times/Herald Tallahassee Bureau

Thursday, October 25, 2012

TAMPA — The FBI confirmed Wednesday it is investigating fraudulent letters that falsely tell eligible Florida voters they may no longer be U.S. citizens and that they could go to prison if they cast a ballot in the Nov. 6 election.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement, which launched an investigation Tuesday, the Department of State, local supervisors of elections and the U.S. Postal Service will assist the FBI, said agency spokesman David Couvertier.

(Snip)

Cate said the best estimate of the number of letters sent are "dozens." The recipients so far tend to be Republican, frequent voters, who may even contribute to campaigns. Ion Sancho, Leon County's supervisor of elections, has speculated that the names may have been lifted from a donor list. Jacksonville City Council president Bill Bishop, former U.S. Ambassador John Rood, and Lenny Curry, the chairman of the Republican Party of Florida, all got one.

(Snip)