2012 Presidential Election part 6

Valin

www.therightreasons.netTRR:

Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney's Tax Plan

JOHN MCCORMACK

Oct 8, 2012

Last night, the Obama campaign blasted out another email claiming that Mitt Romney's tax plan would either require raising taxes on the middle class or blowing a hole in the deficit. "Even the studies that Romney has cited to claim his plan adds up still show he would need to raise middle-class taxes," said the Obama campaign press release. "In fact, Harvard economist Martin Feldstein and Princeton economist Harvey Rosen both concede that paying for Romney’s tax cuts would require large tax increases on families making between $100,000 and $200,000."

But that's not true. Princeton professor Harvey Rosen tells THE WEEKLY STANDARD in an email that the Obama campaign is misrepresenting his paper on Romney's tax plan:

I can’t tell exactly how the Obama campaign reached that characterization of my work. It might be that they assume that Governor Romney wants to keep the taxes from the Affordable Care Act in place, despite the fact that the Governor has called for its complete repeal. The main conclusion of my study is that under plausible assumptions, a proposal along the lines suggested by Governor Romney can both be revenue neutral and keep the net tax burden on taxpayers with incomes above $200,000 about the same. That is, an increase in the tax burden on lower and middle income individuals is not required in order to make the overall plan revenue neutral.

(Snip)

Nine in ten Scots 'living off state's patronage'

By Simon Johnson, Scottish political editor11:25PM BST 07 Oct 2012

Ruth Davidson, the Scottish Conservative leader, is to highlight official figures showing that only 283,080 households north of the border – 12 per cent of the total – pay more in tax than they receive in public services.

She will tell delegates that, because the public sector is seen as the key provider of everything from housing to employment, state spending now accounts for more than half Scotland’s wealth.

Almost nine out of 10 Scottish households take more from the public purse than they contribute in taxes thanks to a “rotten system” of state patronage, the Tory party conference will hear on Monday.

Scissors-32x32.png

Kenny Gibson, a Nationalist MSP, described it as Miss Davidson’s “Mitt Romney moment”. He added: “At least Mitt Romney only insulted around half of Americans, while Ruth Davidson believes almost 90 per cent of Scots do not 'contribute’ to society.”

Scissors-32x32.png

Weak Responses to Romney's Foreign Policy Address

DANIEL HALPER

Oct 8, 2012

The weakest response to Mitt Romney's foreign policy address, which he delivered earlier today at the Virginia Military Institute, comes from Virginia-based trade publication Politico.

In a piece titled, "Experts pan Romney foreign policy speech," writer Josh Gerstein notes, "Mitt Romney’s foreign policy speech Monday was filled with tough talk and slams of President Barack Obama’s leadership — but little of the clarity Romney has vowed to bring to the Oval Office."

(Snip)

In other words, the headline should've read, "Liberals pan Romney foreign policy speech," and not included the ambiguous word "experts" in place of the word "liberals." But who would've clicked on a boring story like that? Too predictable, uninteresting.

(Snip)

Shocking News! Democrats were not impressed!

There Are Two Paths

By: Drew Ryun (Diary) | October 9th at 09:34 PM | 18

As we approach the finish line of what I think is one of the most fascinating periods in this great American experiment, a Presidential election, it is clear to me and the team at the Madison Action Fund that we are literally a country at the crossroads of history.

We have the choice between two paths. And while some will complain that the distinction between President Obama and Mitt Romney is not as distinct as it could be (I cede that point), one thing is clear.

We cannot take 4 more years of Barack Obama and his policies. He is crushing this nation.

Gas prices are almost double what they were when Obama took office. 3 million more Americans are out of work. Median household incomes have dropped. The number of food stamp recipients has doubled and while our dollar continues to weaken against the worlds’ currencies, our ranking in the Economic Freedom Index has dropped to #18 in the world.

But guess what? 83% of those who support Barack Obama see the need for an even more expanded role of government. I look Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.redstate.com/dryun/2012/10/09/there-are-two-paths/

The Obama Levee Breaks

Tue, Oct 09 2012 00:00:00 EA12_ISSUESPosted 10/08/2012 07:03 PM ET

Election 2012: President Obama might think sagging polls are his biggest post-debate problem. But it's really people like Buzz Bissinger, Stacey Dash and Bill Maher showing it's now acceptable in polite society to attack The One.

In an eye-opening piece Monday on the Daily Beast, "Friday Night Lights" author and lifelong Democrat Buzz Bissinger announced he was voting for Romney.

The tipping point, he wrote, "was last week's debate in Denver," which showed Obama out of energy and out of ideas. Obama is "no longer the chosen one. He is just too cool for school in a country desperate for the infectiousness of rejuvenation."

The day before, Washington Post blogger Chris Cillizza wrote that Obama's debate Scissors-32x32.png

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/100812-628597-debate-trouble-continues-for-obama.htm

A4zGQNvCMAEbdZE.jpg

Obama orders Special Forces raid on Al Qaeda in Libya, denies accusations of pre-election 'stunt'

laugh.png It took me a minute to discover the president's new friend in the group.

This is so good.

Text of Romney Speech on Foreign Policy at VMI

WSJ

Republican presidential candidate, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney delivers a foreign policy speech at Virginia Military Institute (VMI) in Lexington, Va., Monday, Oct. 8, 2012

Here is the text of Mitt Romney’s speech Monday on foreign policy, as prepared for delivery, at Virginia Military Institute.

~snip~

A4zGQNvCMAEbdZE.jpg

Obama orders Special Forces raid on Al Qaeda in Libya, denies accusations of pre-election 'stunt'

laugh.png It took me a minute to discover the president's new friend in the group.

Chris Christie predicts ‘a mean and angry’ Obama in next two debates

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, the man who correctly predicted that Mitt Romney would win big at the last presidential debate, told radio talker Hugh Hewitt on Tuesday that expects see a “mean and angry” President Obama at the next two debates.

“Here’s what happened — the president went into that debate unprepared and thought he was going to be swinging at a heavy bag,” Christie said of the last debate. “And he found out that Gov. Romney has arms and he was going to hit back. And the president has been hit and he’s been bloodied for the first time in his political career, and he doesn’t know how to take it.

“The fact is that there’s going to be more of that to come. And the reason for that is because his record is so lousy,” Christie continued. “And you know what Gov. Romney did last Wednesday was just stand up and tell the truth. He told the truth about the president’s record. And you know I don’t know what the president was doing staring down at that pad the entire time.

“I think he was hoping for magical ink to come off to give him some explanation for his record for the last four years,” Chrisite added. “But it’s not going to come up. There are no magical answers for the president.”

~snip~

“I think the president’s going to need at least two or three Red Bulls before the next one, just to make sure he’s awake,” Christie said. “And then from there, he’s going to come out and he’s going to be mean. You know, I don’t think there’s any doubt about that. He’s teeing that up. He’s saying, ‘You know, I was too nice the last time.’”

“So I think you’re going to see a mean and angry president in the next two debates, and Gov. Romney will be Gov. Romney. I mean, that’s a strength of Gov. Romney. He’s going to be who he is. He’s comfortable with who he is and the positions he’s taking, and he’s just going to express those to the American people in the same calm and hopeful manner that he did last Wednesday night. And I think the public is going to respond very well to that.”