The 10% President

clearvision

SB10000872396390444358804578016270614705726.html?mod=googlenews_wsjWall Street Journal:

A question raised by President Obama's immortal line on CBS's "60 Minutes" on Sunday—"I think that, you know, as President, I bear responsibility for everything, to some degree"—is what that degree really is. Maybe 70% or 80% of the buck stops with him? Or is it halfsies?

Nope. Now we know: It turns out the figure is 10%. The other 90% is somebody else's fault.

This revelation came when Steve Croft mentioned that the national debt has climbed 60% on the President's watch. "Well, first of all, Steve, I think it's important to understand the context here," Mr. Obama replied. Fair enough, so here's his context in full, with our own annotation and translation below.

-------------

For those who like numbers and detail... assuming it does not go behind pay wall.

• Like 1

@clearvision, a war that he voted for he now blames on the debt? How many soldiers have died on that fool's watch?

<<I have a new tagline after watching the refs blow the Green Bay call>>

@Pepper,@cudjo, @clearvision!

updated-buck-stop-here.jpg

Read somewhere in my internet travels, something like this:

"Give me liberty....or give me death....to some degree..." Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775

"Never, never, never give up.....to some degree....." Winston Churchill

"My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.....to some degree...." JFK

MacArthur vowed "I shall return.......to some degree....."

Edited to add: More casualties during Obama's term.....and a media blackout for the tragedy....

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/70-us-military-fatalities-11-year-afghan-war-have-occurred-obamas-watch

CNSNews.com) - Of the 1,912 U.S. military personnel who have died in the now nearly 11-year-long war in Afghanistan, 1,343 have died since President Barack Obama was inaugurated on Jan. 20, 2009.

Seventy percent of the Afghan War casualties have happened on Obama's watch.Scissors-32x32.png

Edited by SrWoodchuck
  • Like 2

@clearvision, a war that he voted for he now blames on the debt? How many soldiers have died on that fool's watch?

<<I have a new tagline after watching the refs blow the Green Bay call>>

Wait a minute… The Replacement Refs Got it Right (no really)

September 26, 2012 | Filed under Categories | Posted by Paul

When I blogged about this story earlier, I didn’t even bother discuss the play or the call… I figured it was self-evident to a tree. And that’s pretty much how every else saw it too. But then the NFL released a statement yesterday saying that it really was a catch. Everyone dismissed it and I went to read it for the same reason, I was planning a post highlighting their completely inhumane torturing of logic.

But a funny thing happened on the way to mock the NFL. They made a point.

First we need to define a catch: (And I’ll emphasis the parts that both help and hurt their argument)

A player (or players) jumping in the air has not legally gained possession of the ball until he satisfies the elements of a catch listed here.

Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3 of the NFL Rule Book defines a catch:

A forward pass is complete (by the offense) or intercepted (by the defense) if a player, who is inbounds:

(a) secures control of the ball in his hands or Scissors-32x32.png

http://wizbangblog.com/2012/09/26/wait-a-minute-the-replacement-refs-got-it-right-no-really/

• Like 1