RNC Live Convention Thread ( Wed )

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

New Thread for Wed. 8/29.

-----------------------------------------------------

Exclusive: Clint Eastwood Headed to Tampa for RNC

As the news media scrambles to identify the so-called "mystery speaker" scheduled to address GOP delegates on Thursday evening, some have speculated that the iconic Hollywood figure could fit the bill. Our source -- who spoke on the condition of anonymity -- could not confirm if Eastwood is, in fact, the intriguing "to-be-announced" speaker, but stated unequivocally that the Dirty Harry star will arrive in Florida late on Wednesday or early on Thursday, and will return to southern California on Friday. Eastwood endorsed Romney earlier this month and backed Sen. John McCain's presidential bid in 2008. He also attracted political buzz when he cut a controversial Super Bowl ad for Chrysler earlier this year, which some viewed as a tacit message in favor of President Obama. If he is the RNC mystery man, Eastwood would address Republican delegates just prior to Sen. Marco Rubio's introduction of Romney in primetime on Thursday night.
Do you feel lucky, Democrats?

7:00 p.m.

Convention convenes

Call to order

Introduction of Colors by Amputee Veterans of America Support Team (AVAST)

Pledge of Allegiance by Brigadier General Patrick E. Rea, US Army (Ret.)

National Anthem sung by Ayla Brown

Invocation by Ishwar Singh

Ron PaulVideo

Remarks by Senate Republican Leader and Convention Temporary Chairman Mitch McConnell (KY)

Remarks by Senator Rand Paul (KY)

Remarks by Christopher Devlin-Young and Jeanine McDonnell

8:00 p.m.

Remarks by Senator John McCain (AZ)

Remarks by Attorney General Pam Bondi (FL) and Attorney General Sam Olens (GA)

Remarks by Governor Bobby Jindal (LA)

Remarks by Senator John Thune (SD)

Remarks by Senator Rob Portman (OH)

9:00 p.m.

Remarks by Governor Luis Fortuno (PR)

Remarks by Governor Tim Pawlenty(MN)

Bush 41, 43 Film

Remarks by Mike Huckabee

10:00 p.m.

Remarks by Condoleezza Rice

Remarks by Governor Susana Martinez (NM)

Remarks by vice presidential nominee Rep. Paul Ryan

Benediction by Archbishop Demetrios

Adjournment

Edited by Rheo
edited in timeline
  • Like 2

righteousmomma

Ummmm first I have heard about Eastwood. I thought maybe it might be the gunny that Geico " fired" but he is probably too red meat for the Repub establishment

Words cannot express just how Shocked...Shock and Surprised...Shocked Surprised & Dismayed I am at MSNBC I neve thought fine upstanding professional journalists like Rachel Maddow from Rev. Al Sharpton, Ed Schultz, Chris Matthews, Chris Hayes and Steve Schmidt, would do something like this. If you can't count on someone like Ed Schultz to play it straight on the middle, what is this world coming to.

SIGH

@WestVirginiaRebel @righteousmomma

There have been rumors swirling for the last couple of days that there is going to be a mystery speaker...Nancy Reagan, Condi Rice, so maybe it's Clint.

For the record neither myself or Dieter my evil twin have been asked...I can't say anything about Carlos my invisible friend, other than he has not been seen lately.

• Like 1

@Valin

Some speculators even put up Lieberman and Colin Powell, as well as Nancy Regan, Tebow, Clint Eastwood and either GWB or GHWB. Codi Rice is already in the lineup, so no need to speculate about her.

Leiberman, no way. Powell, over our dead bodies!. Nancy is not well enough to travel. Tebow is not quite impactful enough. My vote is for either Eastwood or GW (who would be my #1 choice--but might detract from Ryan and Romney). I just hope all the fanfare is not for naught and we get a heavy-hitter. But I could always be surprised, like with the [basically unknown until last night] Mia Love speech. Just WOW!

7:00 p.m.

Convention convenes

Call to order

Introduction of Colors by Amputee Veterans of America Support Team (AVAST)

Pledge of Allegiance by Brigadier General Patrick E. Rea, US Army (Ret.)

National Anthem sung by Ayla Brown

Invocation by Ishwar Singh

Ron PaulVideo

Remarks by Senate Republican Leader and Convention Temporary Chairman Mitch McConnell (KY)

Remarks by Senator Rand Paul (KY)

Remarks by Christopher Devlin-Young and Jeanine McDonnell

Remarks by Attorney General Pam Bondi (FL) and Attorney General Sam Olens (GA)

Remarks by Governor Bobby Jindal (LA)

Remarks by Senator John Thune (SD)

Remarks by Senator Rob Portman (OH)

9:00 p.m.

Remarks by Governor Luis Fortuno (PR)

Remarks by Governor Tim Pawlenty(MN)

Bush 41, 43 Film

Remarks by Mike Huckabee

10:00 p.m.

Remarks by Condoleezza Rice

Remarks by Governor Susana Martinez (NM)

Remarks by vice presidential nominee Rep. Paul Ryan

Benediction by Archbishop Demetrios

Adjournment

@clearvision

Thanks for the schedule

7?? pm

Ron PaulVideo

Note to self

Replenish wine after invocation at 7

Bathroom break at 8 pm

• Like 2

righteousmomma

Hold down the Constitution for us until about 9

I have to go to Bible Study training and NCT and the Big Green Egg are feeding a friend visiting from Japan and another good friend from here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfop5TeDnZo

Mia Love tops Google searches after ‘rousing’ speech at GOP convention
Brendan Sasso
08/29/12

Mia Love, a 36-year-old black Mormon congressional candidate, exploded onto the national stage with her speech at the Republican National Convention on Tuesday night.

By Wednesday, "Mia Love" had become the fastest-rising search term on Google.

(Snip)

thumbsup.gif

Non sequitur alert - I am unhappy with the changes to the rules. If anything, Republicans and conservatives would benefit by making the convention more important than the primaries. Early primaries, SuperTuesdays, and the like promote weaker candidates so that someone who doesn't necessarily deserve the nomination can get it (witness DNC in 2008 - it can happen here too).

By doing this, it will be harder if not impossible to have a brokered convention. It's foolish to undermine it.

Sorry for spouting. :bag:

Why are you sorry? For what its worth I agree. But then I'm a fan of a long primary season. They (the candidates) really need a lot of time to A. shoot themselves in the foot & B. Recover....or see if they can.

Also Closed primaries/caucuses.

Does anyone have a link for a live feed for the convention? I will not have access to TV (hubby works 3rd shift and uses the TV for electronic Sominex at that time of the evening.)

Edited to add, I found one last night but forget where (old, forgetful, senile etc.)

Does anyone have a link for a live feed for the convention? I will not have access to TV (hubby works 3rd shift and uses the TV for electronic Sominex at that time of the evening.)

Edited to add, I found one last night but forget where (old, forgetful, senile etc.)

Maybe this: http://www.c-span.org/RNC/Live/

• Like 1

Maybe this: http://www.c-span.org/RNC/Live/

Also

Right Scoop

• Like 1

Could we say he has continued campaigning while black people are drowning? No? Huh.

I was always under the impression that when one party is holding their convention the other suspends campaigning. Am I wrong?

@Valiin

I think classy people in both parties did that years ago.

No class people don't.