David Berlinski The Devil's Delusion: Atheism and Its Scientific Pretensions.

Valin

This post is all the fault of @nickydog. If she had not sent me off in search of The Screwtape letters, I would not have run across this. I just hope she can live with herself after forcing me (Oh The Pain) to watch and post this.

Sorry, @Valin. biggrin.png As soon as i saw the posting headline I came right over here thinking, "Oh my, this sounds like the Un-man Weston." What a fascinating 3-way conversation with the Lady, Ransom, and the Un-man. All coming from C.S. Lewis' good brain and Christian analytical thinking. I am taking it slowly, underlining, and rereading as I go.

I will look at this later in the day.

righteousmomma

@nickydog and "Vale-in".

you are bringing back such memories.

I discovered C.S. Lewis back in the 80s. In fact we have all his books in our "must keep collection" except for the science fiction trilogy. Our daughter took that home with her a couple years ago and read them with her two kids.

Edited to add that George MacDonald is worth the read. He was also probably the favorite writer for C.S. Lewis

@nickydog and "Vale-in".

you are bringing back such memories.

I discovered C.S. Lewis back in the 80s. In fact we have all his books in our "must keep collection" except for the science fiction trilogy. Our daughter took that home with her a couple years ago and read them with her two kids.

Edited to add that George MacDonald is worth the read. He was also probably the favorite writer for C.S. Lewis

Oh Yes. Indeed. May I also recommend Charles Williams, in particular his novels. They are definitely written in the 30's, and not easy read, but IMO well worth the effort.