Long must watch You Tubes

Valin

• 2 weeks later...

Apr 21, 2018

The National Review senior editor on nationalism, populism, and identity politics in America. Click "Show more" to view chapters. For more conversations, visit http://www.conversationswithbillkrist...
Chapter 1 (00:15 - 38:16): Nationalism and Identity Politics
Chapter 2 (38:16 - 1:19:53): Defending Western Civ
Jonah Goldberg is a senior editor of National Review and Asness Chair in Applied Liberty at the American Enterprise Institute. Drawing on his new book Suicide of the West, Goldberg argues that strong tendencies in contemporary American culture—including tribalism, populism, nationalism, and identity politics—are increasingly undermining the moral and political foundations of America. In discussing these phenomena, Kristol and Goldberg also consider why it is important for young people to study the American political tradition and appreciate what is best in Western civilization.

• 5 weeks later...

Center for Strategic & International Studies

Mar 6, 2018

Why did the German army continue to fight the Allies even in the face of certain defeat? Following the Battle of Stalingrad and defeats on other fronts in 1943, the tide had turned against the German war machine – and most German officers knew it. The Wehrmacht’s Last Stand chronicles the final campaigns of WWII in Europe from January 1944 until the Wehrmacht’s ultimate collapse and the storming of Berlin by the Red Army in May 1945. Join us as Dr. Citino traces the “death ride” of the German army and explains why millions of men kept fighting in the face of increasingly hopeless

• 3 weeks later...

June 18 22018

After beginning his career in stand-up comedy, Rubin rose to prominence with his own YouTube show, The Rubin Report. The show was an instant success, with over 600,000 subscribers and notable guests including Stephen Fry, John McCain, and Bob Saget. A prominent libertarian, Rubin is one of the most popular political pundits of our time

• 2 weeks later...

Jun 28, 2018

Interview from a June 2018 episode of the "History of Vikings" podcast. This is a somewhat discursive conversation, but some basic timestamps are here:
0:59 What was Old Norse? An introduction to the language.
11:19 How are the Poetic Edda and the Prose Edda different? Starts with an intro. to the Prose Edda and Snorri Sturluson.
24:55 (continuing from the above) An intro. to the Poetic Edda.
31:32 Would the Norse have been quick to give up paganism for Christianity?
40:05 Who is god of what in Norse myth? How do these labels come to be?
42:38 What sort of ‘species’ are the giants? Are there any systematic differences between a god or goddess and a giant? Check out the History of VIkings podcast at

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

David Hoffman

Published on Sep 9, 2018

I made this one hour primetime television special in 1986. At the time, it was a big deal for the Navy to let me on one of their submarines. I love the experience and the submariners. This documentary won the blue ribbon at the American Film Festival. As I am an independent filmmaker, I make a portion of my living from selling copies of my films but I have decided, given the number of requests that I have had from ex-Navy men and women, to put the entire film up on YouTube. Please like this if you find watching it of value to you

• 1 month later...

Oct 15, 2018

2018 Annual GWPF Lecture
Prof Richard Lindzen Global Warming For The Two Cultures
London 8 October 2018 Institution of Mechanical Engineers

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2018 at 8:23 PM, saveliberty said:

This man’s journey from atheism to knowing and loving Jesus Christ is worth watching to the end. 

I just have to laugh at people like this....................

Jean Keats
The next time anyone has these "visions" of Mary, ask her, is God's Ten Commands still in effect? Guaranteed she'll say NO! God's Ten Commands will stand FOREVER! The devil is VERY crafty at miracles and fooling people. He can do miracles like humans cannot. Catholicism is evil. God said, 3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me. This means NO saint ANYONE!!!!!! This is right from the Bible. LEARN

.......It's either Laugh, grab a baseball bat or beat my head against the wall. Imagine Jean Keats Shock when she/he gets to heaven, and see's all those Catholics running around!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 9:09 AM, Valin said:

June 24 2018

AM GREATLY enjoying your informative youtube ed videos. THANKS.

ALL: Have a blessed CHRISTmas with wonderful dialogues, fellowship, hymn-sings, games, food . . .

45 minutes ago, KWARX said:

AM GREATLY enjoying your informative youtube ed videos. THANKS.

ALL: Have a blessed CHRISTmas with wonderful dialogues, fellowship, hymn-sings, games, food . . .

Not as much as I get posting them!

• Like 1

HINGE OF HISTORY!

Niall Ferguson Networks and Power

Nov. 19 2918

“This time is different.”

Historians: “Ha.”

“The Net is net beneficial.”

Historian Niall Ferguson: “Globalization is in crisis. Populism is on the march. Authoritarian states are ascendant. Technology meanwhile marches inexorably ahead, threatening to render most human beings redundant or immortal or both. How do we make sense of all this?”

Ferguson analyzes the structure and prospects of “Cyberia” as yet another round in the endless battle between hierarchy and networks that has wrought spasms of innovation and chaos throughout history. He examines those previous rounds (including all that was set in motion by the printing press) in light of the current paradoxes of radical networking enabled by digital technology being the engine of massive hierarchical companies (Facebook, Amazon, Google, Twitter, and their equivalents in China) and exploited by populists and authoritarians around the world.

He puts the fundamental question this way: “Is our age likely to repeat the experience of the period after 1500, when the printing revolution unleashed wave after wave of revolution? Will the new networks liberate us from the shackles of the administrative state as the revolutionary networks of the sixteenth, seventeenth and eighteenth centuries freed our ancestors from the shackles of spiritual and temporal hierarchy? Or will the established hierarchies of our time succeed more quickly than their imperial predecessors in co-opting the networks, and enlist them in their ancient vice of waging war?”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note Video at Link

From the talk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dec 6, 2017
How did a nice, liberal Jewish boy from the Bronx come to be called a conservative?

The late Ben J. Wattenberg was at the center of American ideas and events since 1966, when he became a speechwriter for President Lyndon B. Johnson. He served as an adviser to two Democratic presidential candidates and in the 1970s helped write the Democratic National Platform.

But something funny happened on the way to the Great Society: Key players in the Democratic Party moved to the far left. Wattenberg was not happy, so he helped establish the Coalition for a Democratic Majority (CDM) and became one of the most outspoken voices in the neo-conservative movement.

Replete with stories never told before, Fighting Words is Wattenberg’s personal account of the remarkable transformation of American politics over the last four decades. Featuring commentary by Pat Buchanan, E.J Dionne, Francis Fukuyama, Christopher Hitchens, Daniel Patrick Moynihan, and James Q. Wilson. The film also includes an appearance by Wattenberg’s sister Rebecca Schull, the actor who played the flight attendant Fay Cochran on the NBC comedy series, Wings.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Nov. 4 2019

Historians Niall Ferguson and Victor Davis Hanson discuss the seminal events of the last century—the two World Wars, the Great Depression, the rise and fall of Soviet communism, and the advent of modernism and globalization—and how Hoover Institution scholars, informed by the lessons of history, have interpreted these tragedies and challenges.

This discussion is the ninth of speaker series "A Century of Ideas for a Free Society." For more information on the series and related upcoming events, visit: https://hvr.co/2HK3C6W

• 2 weeks later...