Wx

raygun

pollyannaish

It has been unseasonably cold and wet here in the interior northwest this summer so far. Can see why from the map. Hope it stays that way to be honest! :D

It has been unseasonably cold and wet here in the interior northwest this summer so far. Can see why from the map. Hope it stays that way to be honest! :D

The only question is, who is to blame for this? George Bush or Dick Cheney? Oh sure there are those who say Don Rumsfeld...but that's just crazy talk.

pollyannaish

Hello! It's Karl Rove. Where have you been? :lol:

The only question is, who is to blame for this? George Bush or Dick Cheney? Oh sure there are those who say Don Rumsfeld...but that's just crazy talk.

@pollyannaish

People who hold that position will be dealt with when I become ultimate exalted supreme ruler of the world...so I'd be careful and rethink this if I were you! My minions are even now moving into position and readying themselves for just the proper moment to strike.

There's a storm coming out of the GOM. Can you spot it in the 500mb synopsis?

7424501100_3dfdb34e4b_b.jpg

I'm fascinated by this phenomenon, i.e., hurricanes cause my locale (KDET) to become 'cold'. This is only true for 'canes that come up through the GOM. 'Canes that move up the Eastern Left-coast cause my locale to become 'warmer' than usual.

BOTH of these circumstances are recent discoveries.

Thing is: I wish I had something good to say for our bretheren / sisters in the SW U.S.A.

Quite frankly: I don't know what the f*** is going on at this time.

O.k., so there's a major high pressure in the lower 50% of the contiguous. There's a line-of-instability 'implicated' on the 500mb chart rising out of OK into Hudson Bay. But that feature is pretty insigificant compared to the two other features that are akin to TWO simulateous black eyes.

That notwithstanding, I can't reconcile the winds-aloft - 500mb - 12hr forecast with what's implicated in the NW U.S.A in the the surface prognostication below:

7424503576_6242d90fca_b.jpg

Bottom line: I wish there was better news for y'all there in the SW U.S.A. (looks like CO has a decent chance for the wildfires to be 'extinuished' naturally).

Gots' me a better handle on what it BE like:

Debby will sit & spin OR move ENE or NEE - from bewtixt S Tallahassee to W Tampa - and exit to xNEx Jacksonville. I doubt Debby'll be no more'n an annoyance; given that Floridians eat hurricanes for Brkfrst and spit the bones out by noon siesta-time; nuttin' more'n a stiff breeze and heavy humidity flying around.

Debby's NE movement is aboslutely predicated upon the interaction of a trough decending SE out of an upper air low in NW Hudson Bay area w/regional SE US wx. This uppoer air low is pretty profound and the arc of the a trough into the DE region of New England is likewise profound. Models disagree on weather or knot the extreme SE tip of said trough will form a totally contained deep low aloft in the DE vicinity. A lot of the models are expecting formation of a lower level trough that will extend backwards, i.e., SW, and hook up w/Debby. IF that happen, then Debby will happily follow that 'slot' and move NE from her present locale.

ALL models are petty much in concert respecting the Hudson Bay low trough extending SE. What they disagree on is how well the predicted closed upper air low predicted to form over DE will interface with Debby via low level troughs. If those lower level troghs do not extend SW from DE to Debby, then she can be expected to sit and spin - wobble around - just where she's at for the next week. If THAT is the course, then neither gain nor loss of Debby's intensity is anticipated. I'm very skeptical of a major W course for Debby.

Right now what I see developing is a major ridge forming over pretty much 2/3 of the middle America. Over the next 84+ hrs ridge is not expected to move in any significant fashion; it will grow and then diminish somewhat. That huge low evident on the 500mb chart in the Pacific NW will diminish over the course of the next 5 days, and then ride NE along the boundary of the Mid-continental US ridge (peaking N of N Dakota by next Thur) and then move SE.. That low will only affect the NW & NE of the country; for the SE, S and SW it'll continue to be business as usual (except for Debby in the SE as 'splained afore).

I'm just stuned how profound some of the existing wx features are, i.e., a profound low aloft in NW Hudson Bay is going to affect Wx in Carolina, Georgias. Moreover the size and intensity of the ridge mid-country, i.e. from GOM to Canadian border, is gobsmacking.

Unfortunately it doesn't appear to me there's any immediate relief for the lower 1/2 of the continential US whatsoever (what you see is what you get; except for the Debby deal though). The implicated precip to the east of the continential divide in the forest fire areas would seem to be nothing more than fodder for more lightening strikes (it doesn't appear to be of the magnitude to be put anything out). And the profound upper level high pressure over the entire 2/3 mid-continential US will be nothing more'n pressure cooker for the allegedly self-concious lifeforms inhabiting below it.

I hope y'all have 'anti-brutal' spray or elixer to imbibe.

You better have something: no other word for what's coming will suffice.

• 3 weeks later...

I did mention how stupid the ass hats were running the show? Right?

They ALL blow me off as if I'm nothing.

You watch NOTHING coming up.

July Wx:

7560517060_e31d5215e3_b.jpg