Ford Mustang legend Carroll Shelby dies

raygun

7180558580_6a647afcfd.jpg

The last of a total of 90 J2 Allards built, J2179 was ordered on August 15, 1951 with special instructions for Black paint, Red leather upholstery and a “bulge in the bonnet to take Cadillac.” It was then shipped to Texas and fitted with a 331 cubic-inch Cadillac V-8, after which it was purchased by its original owner Charles Brown of Monroe, Louisiana.

Records show that J2179 was twice driven by Fred Cook, and then raced at least three times in SCCA competition by Carroll Shelby to three wins.

Next came fitting the AC sports car with a Ford V-8.

The 'rest' is referred colloquially as being "history".

pollyannaish

:-(

My heroes are dying one at at time. Even if I'm from a different generation. I've always wanted to be able to buy my husband a Shelby Cobra.

May Mr. Shelby rest in peace. And may we once again live in an America that produces this kind of creative genius.

:-(

My heroes are dying one at at time. Even if I'm from a different generation. I've always wanted to be able to buy my husband a Shelby Cobra.

May Mr. Shelby rest in peace. And may we once again live in an America that produces this kind of creative genius.

I want a Prius! Cause everyone knows there is nothing like an electric car in Mn. in Feb!

logicnreason

I am a firm believer that god is a master re-cycler!

Why waste a good soul??

One can only envy the good folk on some distant planet who've just gained a brand new baby (boy or girl) who can design and build one hell of a car!!!