Barack 'Bad Fruit' Obama Redefines Christianity

Geee

barack_bad_fruit_obama_redefines_christianity.htmlAmerican Thinker:

Jesus told His followers that the way to recognize Christian brethren is by inspecting fruit. Jesus said, "No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit." Thus, "by their fruit you will recognize them."

At the National Prayer Breakfast, partial "bitter clinger" Barack Obama, missing only a gun, tried to tell the crowd of 3,000 that he was a Scripture-quoting, Bible-toting Christian. Using the Word of God to justify the advancement of liberal policy, the president linked left-wing economic policy with obedience to Scripture and, by doing so, dared critics to disagree with God.

As the foundation of his faith, Obama referenced a key Scripture from Genesis wherein God asked Cain, after Cain killed his own brother, "Where is your brother Abel?" to which Cain replied, "I don't know, am I my brother's keeper?"

The president said his faith is based on "[l]iving by the principle that we are our brother's keeper. Caring for the poor and those in need." He maintained that those values are the ones that define his "faith journey," which has also translated into "policies that support research to fight disease and support foreign aid."

Seems the president hasn't read the Scripture that says, "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much," because Obama-style Christianity is yet to acknowledge the glaring contradiction in wanting to be trusted with the world's poor while disregarding the "very little" needs of a blood brother, impoverished and living in squalor in a Kenya slum.

Nonetheless, the president said that his faith also inspires him to voluntarily "give up some of the tax breaks" he enjoys. If Obama has his way, the rest of America will not be afforded the gratification of similar voluntary charitable contributions. In essence, establishing governmental mandates to support liberal causes is a religion unto itself, whose dogma redirects tithing from the faith community to the federal government, where alms gathered under compulsion are distributed through benevolent bureaucracy.

After the collection plate is filled, give-up-the-tax-break proceeds fund brother's-keeper essentials like abortion, contraception, sterilization, and fighting disease with an ever-expanding food stamp program.

Barack Obama deciding to openly declare that Jesus applauds the "yes we can" brand has opened him up to public scrutiny. By exploiting biblical Christianity for political gain, he has invited examination from, among others, Republican presidential hopeful and devout Christian Rick Santorum, who dared broach the subject of the president's innovative "theology."

More recently, on Morning Joe, Reverend Franklin Graham, son of evangelist Billy Graham, a man Obama allegedly prayed with, also compared the president's words against the backdrop of his actions. Based on the condition of some wormy fruit, as diplomatically as he could, Graham cast serious doubt on the state of Barack Obama's tree and expressed uncertainty as to whether the latter is really a Christian.

Graham did confirm his belief that Rick Santorum was "a man of faith ... because his values are so clear on moral issues." About Santorum, Graham said, "I just appreciate the moral stances he takes on things," a sentiment Reverend Graham did not express when speaking about Barack Obama.Scissors-32x32.png

Great article... and headline.

I always thought of Barack as a fruit... especially in his Mom jeans trying to throw a baseball... but I was missing the point.

The first two paragraphs nailed it and had me rolling.

apple_worm.jpg

Oblamer's secular religion demeans both the "giver" of charity, by forcibly removing his charitable funds & redistributing to bureaucratically chosen charities; and the "recipient" of the enforced charity, by giving them as gifts to his supporters....but more importantly, by allowing ne'er-do-wells to reinforce their mistaken belief that others "owe" them their support.

@Geee's post, "Son of Marx," mails Oblunder's religion & motivation.....

"Give to Caesar....what is Caesar's, and give to Caesar....what is God's."