Samuel L. Jackson: ‘I Voted for Barack Because He Was Black’; His Message Didn’t Mean $%*@ To Me

Geee

samuel-l-jackson-i-voted-for-obama-because-he-was-blackBig Hollywood:

It seems actor Samuel L. Jackson didn’t care about either the hope or the change Sen. Barack Obama promised back in 2008. The young Chicago politician shared the same skin color as Jackson, and that was enough.

The “Pulp Fiction” star has confessed his real reason for supporting Obama three years ago:

In an interview with Ebony magazine, Jackson explained, “I voted for Barack because he was black. ‘Cuz that’s why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them … That’s American politics, pure and simple. [Obama's] message didn’t mean [bleep] to me.”

Jackson then went on to drop the N-word several times when discussing Obama, telling the mag, “When it comes down to it, they wouldn’t have elected a [bleep]. Because, what’s a [bleep]? A [bleep] is scary. Obama ain’t scary at all. [bleeps] don’t have beers at the White House. [bleeps] don’t let some white dude, while you in the middle of a speech, call [him] a liar. A [bleep] would have stopped the meeting right there and said, ‘Who the [bleep] said that?’ I hope Obama gets scary in the next four years, ‘cuz he ain’t gotta worry about getting re-elected.”Scissors-32x32.png

“I voted for Barack because he was black. ‘Cuz that’s why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them … That’s American politics, pure and simple. [Obama's] message didn’t mean [bleep] to me.”

The ignorance here is stunning. Or...maybe not. This is coming from a guy who makes a living portraying fictional characters (and I enjoy watching him do it). But I wonder if the reporter bothered to ask him how Obama was elected President of the entire United States if folks simply vote for the people who look like them. Samuel L. Jackson is the essence of a racist. Which goes back to my first statement.

He is just reinforcing similar previous rants for the Zero. Jackson may be a good actor, but I stopped paying to see/buy any of his movies about 4 years ago.

Sadly and tragically, his kind of ignorant racist focus is not unusual among a large segment of the culture.

Yes, sadly it is the norm. And he gets away with it specifically BECAUSE he is black and a celebrity. If one of us said we voted for McCain or Bush just because they are white, imagine the RAAAAACIIIIST uproar.