Meet Mary

righteousmomma

righteousmomma

5 or 6 years ago I had this beautiful young woman in my core group at CBS. Her name is Juana and she and her husband have one of the most inspiring testimonies about God and the reality of a converted life that I have ever heard.Then I learned about her daughter Mary. At the time Mary was 6. She and her brother Alex who was 12 were in our Home School Group. They had 2 older siblings in high school and college.

Mary was born with no eyes and her face was totally asymmetrical with cleft palate and physical birth defects in walking etc.. By the time I knew her she had endured several surgeries and since then several more to make her look "more normal"

At 6 she was simply amazing! They live in a very beautiful 4 story house with stairs to every level and Mary mastered them all. Her parents arranged the refrigerator and her room by touch for her. They treated her like any of their other children. The whole family played an instrument so Mary learned piano. At 6 as a new beginner she was so excellent that she played for us all at CBS.. She was loving and bright and would ask everyone their birthday. Then she remembered each one! Never forgot - whether at her church or at CBS.

I have kept up with them through mutual friends and knew that Mary has undergone a severe amount of surgery.

Now she is in 7th grade at her local public Middle School..

http://www.midtownra...on-her-own.html

• Like 1

righteousmomma -- it's amazing what can be done for children that are not born "normal" . Even though my Steph wasn't born "right" I thank God every day, it could have been worse, the sad thing is so many people consider these children as throw-aways.

• Like 1

What a story RM! Now re: the video. You mentioned she had taken up piano. In the video is she playing or singing? Where /what was CBS? I am sorry if you mentioned all of this somewhere else, I have missed it.(or forgotten)

• Like 1

How inspiring !

There are so many examples of children that overcome severe handicaps to contribute to the world and society. I used to point this out to my children. So many of use are given every gift of health and intelligence by God and don't use it near as well as someone who has to struggle. It always reminded me of the parable of the talents somehow.

• Like 1

Mary is inspiring, but what I love most is that she is a normal young lady who is exploring her talents and finding her best life. What a tribute that is to her parents!

Thanks for sharing RM!

righteousmomma

Ghost, CBS is Community Bible Study. I helped start a group in Paris and have been active in it since coming home in 2000. It came out of BSF in a way.

In the video she is singing not playing.

Btw got an email from Mary's mom Juana tonight and I feel blessed.: