United We Stand for Religious Freedom

Valin

SB10001424052970204136404577211601075404714.html?mod=opinion_newsreelWSJ:

ObamaCare's contraception mandate stands the First Amendment on its head.

DONALD WUERL, CHARLES COLSON AND MEIR Y. SOLOVEICHIK

2/10/12

Stories involving a Catholic, a Protestant and a Jew typically end with a punch line. We wish that were the case here, but what brings us together is no laughing matter: the threat now posed by government policy to that basic human freedom, religious liberty.

(Snip)

Coverage of this story has almost invariably been framed as a conflict between the federal government and the Catholic bishops. Zeroing in on the word "contraception," many commentators have taken delight in pointing to surveys about the use of contraceptives among Catholics, the message being that any infringement of religious freedom involves an idiosyncratic position that doesn't affect that many people

(Snip)

Yet instead of encouraging the different faith communities to continue their vital work for the good of all, the Obama administration is forcing them to make a choice: serving God and their neighbors according to the dictates of their respective faiths—or bending the knee to the dictates of the state.

(Snip)

While I hate the idea of the ObamaNation's attack on religion with his contraception mandate... I kinda like the idea of DEM voter registration being limited to these facilities. rolleyes.gif

Clinic_Sign_Photo.jpg

While I hate the idea of the ObamaNation's attack on religion with his contraception mandate... I kinda like the idea of DEM voter registration being limited to these facilities. rolleyes.gif

Clinic_Sign_Photo.jpg

What I find interesting, is the opposition to this cuts right across all line, Left/Right/Religious/Irreligious.

It gives me some hope.

What I find interesting, is the opposition to this cuts right across all line, Left/Right/Religious/Irreligious.

It gives me some hope.

I agree. While the media and political elite argue about the contraception part of the equation and the related statistics, average people understand the fight is over politicians meddling with religious belief. It is as stark an example of the beltway living inside a tin can as can be found right now.

It gives me some hope.

I agree. While the media and political elite argue about the contraception part of the equation and the related statistics, average people understand the fight is over politicians meddling with religious belief. It is as stark an example of the beltway living inside a tin can as can be found right now.

Now I'm a simple guy, the way I see it...killing babies is a bad thing.

You simpleton! Don't you know that these poor women are magically going to get pregnant if you don't provide contraceptive care? (I am curious and may have to do some research. How many babies are born out of wedlock, aborted and abandoned now as compared to pre-birthcontrol/legalized abortion? Per capita. I am suspicious the problem has gotten a lot worse, not better. I'm going to go look.)

That said, the political argument in this case is still over interference in religion and not contraceptive/abortion rights. I think that mixing the two is dangerous because it begins to muddle faith and our most deeply held beliefs with political arguments.

You simpleton! Don't you know that these poor women are magically going to get pregnant if you don't provide contraceptive care?

dunce-cap-300x225.jpg

I'm going to try to do better.

(I am curious and may have to do some research. How many babies are born out of wedlock, aborted and abandoned now as compared to pre-birthcontrol/legalized abortion? Per capita. I am suspicious the problem has gotten a lot worse, not better. I'm going to go look.)

All I know is if you want to adopt a healthy 3 month old baby...pack a lunch.

Why do you think so ,amy people go over seas?

Whom the Gods Would Destroy

J.R. Dunn

It seems that Obama, in a classic act of hubris, has created the means of his own destruction. Through his great historical contribution, his health care bill, he has struck what was surely intended to be a lethal blow against the oldest organization on earth -- an organization with something on the order of a billion members, with a cadre of hundreds of thousands of highly trained and dedicated personnel, and a history of overcoming political threats that make Obama look like a kindergartner.

I'm referring, of course, to the Catholic Church. Now, I don't mean that the Archangel Gabriel will appear out of the East to scourge the administration with a blazing sword, though I would pay to see that.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/02/whom_the_gods_would_destroy.html#ixzz1mCDkj2No