Obama on Super Bowl Sunday: ‘I deserve a second term’

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

gIQA9elMsQ_blog.html?wprss=44Washington Post:

President Obama said Sunday that he deserves to be reelected because his administration has made progress on the economy, but he acknowledged there is much more work to do.

“I deserve a second term, but we’re not done,” Obama said during a pre-Super Bowl interview with NBC’s Matt Lauer.

Lauer had asked Obama about an interview they did before the 2009 Super Bowl, when Obama had said that if the economy was not fixed in three years he did not deserve another term.

“When you and I sat down, we were losing 750,000 jobs a month. . . now we’re creating 250,000 jobs,” Obama said, referring to Friday’s jobs report which showed unemployment falling from 8.5 percent to 8.3 percent. “We’ve made progress. The key now is to make sure we don’t start turning in the wrong direction.”

________

As opposed to where we've already gone?

And Will Ferrell was right:

IF we got 250K jobs, the problem is the cost will kill us in the longer run. We have free interest rates for just about everything, Trillion dollar deficits throwing money at everything and all we can get is about 2-3M jobs a year?