Primary 2012

Rheo

@righteousmomma @nickydog

H/T Rush

Feel Good with Rick

Charlotte Hays

February 8, 2012 7:59 A.M.

If you think Rick Santorum can get independents, go for it, folks. Senator Santorum, who enjoyed a magnificent triumph in three states last night, deserves a lot of credit, as he would no doubt be the first to tell you, for hanging in there. He has been impressive in recent debates. And a grateful nation thanks Mr. Santorum for seemingly having dispatched Newt Gingrich back under his bridge, at least for the time being. But last night was not good for the Republican party. I think the voters last night were acting like my favorite Cousin Harry, who yearns for a “real conservative” and refers to Mitt Romney as McCain (a McCain presidency is looking pretty good right now; it was during the campaign, not a presidency, that McCain lost his nerve). Mitt Romney speaks conservatism like a second language — that is because it is a second language for him. Is that such a bad thing? Sure, he needed somebody to tell him not to flaunt that coveted Bob Dole endorsement. He needs to quickly absorb some of the language and ideas that are first nature to movement types (e.g., Walter Williams is good on the minimum wage, Mitt). I hate it when others beat me to ideas that I’ve been playing with, but William Tucker did the other day, proposing that Romney, with his temperament, could be another Ronald Reagan. With a conservative Congress, the sky is the limit. In a way, Santorum has replaced Gingrich as the conservative feel-good candidate. As I said, if you think he can win in November, be my guest. I worry that he doesn’t have the kind of broad appeal needed to beat even a disaster like Barack Obama.

— Charlotte Hays is a senior fellow at the Independent Women’s Forum.

PS We're doomed DOOMED I say unless Mitt is the nominee.

ABC Dog Whistle? Laying on of hands in prayer for Santorum

The raw video below (no commentary) of a group of pastors laying hands on Santorum to pray for him just strikes me as an odd video for ABC News to post, especially considering that they didn’t post anything substantive from his speech. But they posted the whole prayer in full. Seems to me it’s a dog whistle to all those on the left who hate Christianity, who think when mixed with politics it might lead to a theocracy or something. To quote SooperMexican, it’s like ABC is saying “look at the wierdos who believe in a higher being”, calling on lefties to make it a point of ridicule. It’s already raising a couple of eyebrows. But mostly it’s been tweeted about as something remarkable.

OMG He was prayed for...I mean actually prayed for...is that like weird or what! Do we need more proof that Santourum wants a theocracy! rolleyes.gif

Wonder if ABC (or any of the MSM) know this sort of thing happens all the time?